Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Advice needed please!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44 myrscossie

HI hears one on ocuk much better spec and your card will fit in this.

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=FS-270-OK

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Thanks for the link,and really I do not wish to be skeptical since you are the only one that replied to me when I really am computer illiterate and really need the help but its your first post and you always need to wonder about that. Any regulars have any advice? I know it is a long winded post and its the weekend but really any help would be great. Any commetns on my to links or any comments on myrscossie's link?

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

I dont like either of the devices you've listed. The atom process or in the second one is very slow and the celeron in the first isnt much better. What will you be using it for exactly?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Really all I use my PC is for the internet, watching tv shows etc and using MS Office for essays, projects etc. Then the odd time I use it for games like Counter Strike or when the new Call of Duty games come out. I'm not a massive pc gamer but would like something capable to play games should I get one,if you know I what I mean! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭T-Bird

Would it be possible to do a rebuild on your old PC? It will work much faster if you format the drive and just reinstall everything (Make sure you do a backup first).

Or try putting a linux software on it like Ubuntu.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

give us a spec of your current "old pc"

a cheaper option for you might simply be rebuild the box part of your pc.

a new motherboard, cpu and ram bundle could be all ya need leaving you with some spare change for a better graphics card and a new hard drive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

for less than €350 inc shipping you could build an amd x4 quad core 4gb ddr3 ram box with a new ati 5670 1gb graphics card, new case with 500w psu, and a 500gb sata 2 hard drive with new dvd-rw & internal card reader drives. on www.hardwaresand.de

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,575 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

myrscossie's pc from OCUK is what you should be looking to get
    the 2 you picked are 2 generations back in terms of power and the 2nd pc you picked is basically a netbook in a case for use as a htpc

Advertisement