Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Full House Poker - XBLA

• 19-03-2011 1:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭

Downloaded this last night and played a few games. Seems a really good poker game. You play as your avatar.

They are hosting live tournaments at night too. A bit like 1 vs 100 in that regard.

It's worth a look.

800 MS points.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

plan to pick this up alright when the xbox arrives, was a big fan of the original poker game online so definitly looks like something i can crack away on whilst doing stuff on the pc ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

The blinds don't go up fast enough, and they don't go up by enough. Makes games last longer than they need to be.

Fun game though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

Played the special tonight, there seemed to be a fair few boardies on. One thing that annoyed me, The friends update scrolling the bottom of the screen so you couldn't see your cards and as well as that half the time the update was for me. FFS game I think i can remember what i did earlier.
    Also was on the third diamond table with Batman and Notority and the game froze when I called. I had to quit cos the clock was still ticking and when I rejoined it put me on the first diamond table grrrrh.
    Anyway was fun in a party with Dunworth just complaining about our hands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,447 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

is there real prizes in this game like 1 vs 100?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭dunworth1

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    is there real prizes in this game like 1 vs 100?

no

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

rizzla wrote: »
    The blinds don't go up fast enough, and they don't go up by enough. Makes games last longer than they need to be.

Very True...

It was ok in the Texas Heat games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

Played the special tonight, there seemed to be a fair few boardies on. One thing that annoyed me, The friends update scrolling the bottom of the screen so you couldn't see your cards and as well as that half the time the update was for me. FFS game I think i can remember what i did earlier.
    Also was on the third diamond table with Batman and Notority and the game froze when I called. I had to quit cos the clock was still ticking and when I rejoined it put me on the first diamond table grrrrh.
    Anyway was fun in a party with Dunworth just complaining about our hands.

Yeah I think it was the server that froze. I had to quit out of two games because of it. Was annoying the end because I ended up joining a game 15 minutes in and had an absolute stormer. Would've been on course for the Gold medal if I'd been there for the full game!

Stupidly when I saw the times for SUnday at 12am, I didn't click it was actually midnight Saturday they meant. So like an eejit I fired up the Xbox at midnight last night!

Enjoyed it overall, but they definitely need to increase blinds quicker. I used to play online poker a bit and used to play a lot on Turbo tables wher ethe blinds went up every three minutes which seemed like a good amount of time. I suppose they might be afraid of just getting all-in-a-thons in every game. Which in fairness they've done a good job of keeping in check. I was surprised how many people seem to play properly. I've seen better play on this than I did at proper online poker tables with actual money on the line!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

After a few days with this game I'm starting to get pretty frustrated with it. It's buggy as hell and is in dyer need of a patch or something.

Getting a load of crashes!!

It could be a really good game over live if they put a little more work into it. Move the blinds up more frequently, Make the game more stable, run live tournaments with ms points as prizes. Even allow gamers to gamble ms points once a week would be pretty cool.

So much potential....

Haven't had any crashes, just the hangs in Texas Heat, where you had to quit and rejoin.

Some good poker being played despite the no risk factor.

I doubt they will ever introduce gambling with MS points, too many laws involved, but introducing prizes like in 1 v 100 would be a good thing, but sorting out the server issues is probably top priority for them at the moment.

Hopefully they patch the game structure, larger blinds that go up more often is needed badly. They should go up each time a player is out too.

I think I got reported for beating a loud mouth american on Friday evening, he was trash talking and roaring at everyone, and I ended up heads up against him, beat him easily, he was calling with crap and bluffing half the time, and was shouting at me for being a river rat and other stuff, despiting beating him on the flop , anyways, knocked him out, stuck on my mic, and laughed and told him he should learn how to play poker. Mental he went. Said he was reporting me. FFS, fit to dish it, but not take it.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Sooooo, it's buggy, you have to deal with XBLA tards, has no prizes and costs 800MS points?

Why on earth would you bother when you can Free Play on any of the major poker websites?

I'm genuinely baffled as to why you'd waste money on this, I'm honestly not trying to troll.

• Advertisement

Kharn wrote: »
    Sooooo, it's buggy, you have to deal with XBLA tards, has no prizes and costs 800MS points?

Why on earth would you bother when you can Free Play on any of the major poker websites?

I'm genuinely baffled as to why you'd waste money on this, I'm honestly not trying to troll.

But it's on Xbox :p

Sadly, all the points you just raised are valid!

Advertisement