Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digital Camera - Battery Life

Options
  • 19-03-2011 1:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭

I have a 'FujiFilm FinePix A700' a few years now and I couldn't help but notice it completely eats up the batteries, I mean I'd only use the camera twice for a very short period and the battery indicator would come on I know camera's ain't easy on battery life but this is abit much I have powersave and all activated I even bought rechargeables and no difference, what else could be wrong because I really want to sell it at this this?

Francie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,081 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Sounds like others have the same problem so it could just be the camera:

http://www.fixya.com/support/t399783-battery_life_short

That said, I would try some high capacity NiMh rechargeables, something like 2800mah, like these: http://shop.ebay.ie/i.html?_nkw=aa+fuji+mah&_sacat=0&_sop=12&_dmpt=UK_ConsumerElectronics_Batteries_SM&_dmd=1&_odkw=aa+3000+mah&_osacat=0&_trksid=p3286.c0.m270.l1313

Most rechargeables sold have lower capacities than these. Also, if you leave the camera for months between uses, most nimh rechargeables will self discharge quite a bit and should be freshly charged before use. If this is what is happening, You can get Sanyo Eneloops which hold their charge for a couple years at least, but are about 2000 mah capacity.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭francie81

Hi there,

Am using a fast charger with 2450mAh batteries which ain't far off the long lasting 2800, although I did find an option on the camera where your suppose to discharge new rechargeable batteries several times to have the full capacity so am gonna see how this goes because eventhough cameras do take up alot of life on normal alkaline the NiMH are running out dramatically quick as I stated soo hopefully this resolves the problem.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭colm21

i have one of those panasonice lumix digital cameras that records in 720p/1080p, always eats up battery when recording video can be really annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,455 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Have you set the menu option to tell the camera that you're using Ni-MH batteries?

Alkaline batteries have a higher voltage than Ni-MH and if your camera has a battery charge indicator, it should also have a battery type selector where you tell it which type of battery you're using. The reason is that the voltage of a fully charged Ni-Mh would correspond to an almost flat alkaline though the rechargable might have lots of juice remaining.

Just because the camera is telling you that the battery is almost out of juice doesn't necessarily mean that this is the case.

Unless your Ni-Mh batteries are on their last legs or are poor quality, I would be 99% certain that your problem is that the camera thinks you're using alkalines and you need to change it to Ni-Mh, that will fix the problem.

Advertisement