Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rural TV......is gone

• 19-03-2011 2:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

Rural TV has disappered from the sky platform
    it was on channel no. 280 horse and country
    any one know will it come back on THANKS

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 574 ✭✭✭PacMan

Rural TV has been off air for well over six months.
    Some of its programming has transferred to Horse and Country channel.

On the subject of obscure channels, on Info TV recently I saw the caravan channel, and they were showing "The Best Of", and "Caravan Gold" in addition to daily programmes about.... caravans.

Then there is another channel that broadcasts a programme, featuring some Irish presenter, based in London, interviewing Irish singers etc,,,

Anyone else occasionally watch these channels with possibly such a low audience figures.
    Just wondering :)

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 3,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭St Senan

PacMan wrote: »
    Rural TV has been off air for well over six months.
    Some of its programming has transferred to Horse and Country channel.

On the subject of obscure channels, on Info TV recently I saw the caravan channel, and they were showing "The Best Of", and "Caravan Gold" in addition to daily programmes about.... caravans.

Then there is another channel that broadcasts a programme, featuring some Irish presenter, based in London, interviewing Irish singers etc,,,

Anyone else occasionally watch these channels with possibly such a low audience figures.
    Just wondering :)

I would say the OP knows that Rural Tv shared with H&C since Jun 2010
    it seems that the Rural Tv programming has stopped on H&C. I could be wrong but maybe the OP like many people is after the Country and Western Shows and music that was available on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

That other channel is Showcase 1 & 2. Ch 201 & 203. Caravan Gold is on @ 7.30pm tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 574 ✭✭✭PacMan

scaller wrote: »
    I would say the OP knows that Rural Tv shared with H&C since Jun 2010
    it seems that the Rural Tv programming has stopped on H&C. I could be wrong but maybe the OP like many people is after the Country and Western Shows and music that was available on it.

Yes, having read the OP again, it would appear that he/she is asking about programme content rather than the channel itself.
    On occasion, The old country shows were good to watch, if anything only for the clothes that seemed to be popular back in the seventies !
    I actually enjoyed some of the shows on the Rural TV channel. Cannot remember the names, but one of them was by a hillbilly storyteller. Each show only lasted about three minutes, but was a little like John Boy Walton all grown up telling us stories about his childhood :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 499 ✭✭MACHEAD

If y'all hear a banjo playin' in the background, run, run I tells ya!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Strathclyde

Actually, the 'SHOWCASE' channel seems to carry quite a bit of Country Music - a mixture of Irish and American. Some of it isn't at all bad, and was formerly on Rural TV. They seem to carry something most evenings at various times between 6 and 9pm.

I think Showcase is on both Sky and Freesat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Actually, the 'SHOWCASE' channel seems to carry quite a bit of Country Music - a mixture of Irish and American. Some of it isn't at all bad, and was formerly on Rural TV. They seem to carry something most evenings at various times between 6 and 9pm.

I think Showcase is on both Sky and Freesat.

Seems Richie Kavanagh still has an audience.:D

Advertisement