Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying an expired domain

Options
  • 19-03-2011 2:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭

How do you go about buying a domain that has expired? When i do a search for a domain i like i seen the .com was taken but then when i go to the site it has a go daddy splash page and a notice at the top a notice saying the domain expired on 12-02-2011. So basically a month later and its still in this renewal phase. Do you just wait till its back on the market or what?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭cormee

steve_ wrote: »
    How do you go about buying a domain that has expired? When i do a search for a domain i like i seen the .com was taken but then when i go to the site it has a go daddy splash page and a notice at the top a notice saying the domain expired on 12-02-2011. So basically a month later and its still in this renewal phase. Do you just wait till its back on the market or what?

You could try backorder it.

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭steve_

Is there any decent places i could backorder it? I dont really wanna deal with go daddy

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

You can probably get it via their marketplace and then move it to a different registrar.

Advertisement