Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can I connect my camcorder to my PC for CCTV purposes? Thanks

• 19-03-2011 2:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Hi,
    I hope I am posting in the right section.
    We have horrendous neighbours (they are owners of their house unfortunately, so are we) - they are really rough characters, originally from a very rough area of town. They are always making terrible noise, parties etc. morning noon and night, drumming all the time etc.
    We live in the semi-d attached to them and we have a small baby. They are making our lives a daily misery.
    We have been in to them about 10 times asking them to keep it down, especially at night time as the baby is being disturbed all the time and getting no sleep, not to mention the lack of sleep we are suffering from.
    As a result of us asking them to keep it down, they have now sought revenge on us.
    They throw ALL their waste into our garden, just dump their ashes from their fireplace over the wall onto our wheelie bins, throw all their food waste onto our garden, onto the roof of our shed etc. They are also trying to block our driveway on a daily basis. It's a nightmare and we are very upset. We are quiet people who just want to live our lives and be left in peace.
    I've priced CCTV systems but they are 2k in cost. We have a camcorder and a PC. We want to catch them red handed on tape and then go to the Gardai with the evidence. Is it possible to connect the camcorder to the PC and record that way some how? If i used a memory card it wouldn't last long enough to record and mightn't catch them in action. Does anyone know how to wire up the camcorder (its a Samsung) to a Dell PC and is there a programme that can record for a long period of time?
    Thanks very much.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 293 ✭✭cram1971

I Dont think so but you could use a cheap web cam and software like willing webcam or Active web cam to capture the images

A basic PC CCTV system will only cost you about 100 euro using and ip camera

or using a DV card and single camera about 120 euro and is fairly easy to setup

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

try here

http://www.equicom.ie/wireless-cctv-for-computer-and-tv-79-c.asp

not as expensive as your price quotes of €2000+ but it should do the job just as good

Advertisement