Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Firefox/YouTube problem

• 19-03-2011 3:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Since yesterday I'm having problems looking at youtube videos. 90% of the ones I click on, the video screen is blank and crazy stuff. It's like the player is corrupt or something. It only happens with Firefox
    I've deleted the cookies, cache. Deleted and reinstalled Firefox. Updated computer. But still having the problem.

Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 930 ✭✭✭aperture_nuig

Did you try re-installing the flash plugin/making sure it's up to date?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭Liamario

Plug-in can't be uninstalled, just disabled. But I have redownloaded flash earlier and it made no difference. I have also disabled and re-enabled flash and that worked for one video. When I click on another random video, the same thing happens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭u140acro3xs7dm

Did you go into Add/Remove programmes and uninstall the flash player from there?

I haven't done that to be honest. At the moment, the videos seem to be playing, after I messed around with graphics card settings.
    If it messes up again, I'll repost.

Thanks for the help

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Advertisement

Thanks Biko, the problems described are the same. I've disabled hardware acceleration (whatever the hell that does) and I hope the problem remains gone.
    Again, thanks to those who have posted.

:)

Advertisement