Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I haz bought d'minecraft

• 19-03-2011 3:48pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I was wondering about multiplayer, do monsters etc and night still happen or do people just build in perpetual day as that might get boring, it's the monsters and building strongholds that really appeal to me! Can you make it really hard on yourself? How would you start off, singleplayer?

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

How does seed generator work? You write a word and it makes a world based on that word? Or does it just create the same 'random' world for everybody that uses that word?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭DevilsBreath

Hey
    You can have Mobs turned on in multiplayer which makes it more fun :).

Day and night cycle same as single. Funny one, If everyone on the server goes to bed the night will pass by, Handy if everyone's on teamspeak.

Best multi player is Survival I feel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭ondafly

join the boards.ie server Tar - same as single player, and no time of day fixing happening at all.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Hey
    You can have Mobs turned on in multiplayer which makes it more fun :).

Day and night cycle same as single. Funny one, If everyone on the server goes to bed the night will pass by, Handy if everyone's on teamspeak.

Best multi player is Survival I feel.
    Tell me more of this survival mode please!
    ondafly wrote: »
    join the boards.ie server Tar - same as single player, and no time of day fixing happening at all.

I'll give that a shot!

Game crashed already but seems to have autosaved! \o/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

I was wondering about multiplayer, do monsters etc and night still happen or do people just build in perpetual day as that might get boring

on tallon's server we can turn on night or day whenever we please.
    it's the monsters and building strongholds that really appeal to me!

monsters can be turned on or off on multiplayer. tallon's server they are off as its purely creational, boards server AFAIK has them on with the night day cycle so you have to build a stronghold so you dont die and lose everything.
    Can you make it really hard on yourself?

turn difficulty up to hard and give it a few nights :P
    How would you start off, singleplayer?

its where i started and i used the minecraft wiki too. very helpful for anything you need.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭giggsy664

Yeah. This is one of the few games you won't be ashamed to use a ton of help on. minecraftwiki.net is where you want to go :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Sarn

Definitely have the wiki open in the background. The tutorial gives a good idea on how to survive your first night.

Beginner's guide

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

How does seed generator work? You write a word and it makes a world based on that word? Or does it just create the same 'random' world for everybody that uses that word?
    If people use the same seed word, it will spawn the same world for everyone, but sometimes give them different spawn points.

An interesting one to try for everyone here, is "404"

Try that seed word and then go over and dig a piece of gravel in the big pit!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Willbbz

DOC09UNAM wrote: »

An interesting one to try for everyone here, is "404"

Try that seed word and then go over and dig a piece of gravel in the big pit!

And then post here how long you survive :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Just bought it too.

G'bye social life!

• Advertisement

Can you have pets yet?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTFcqTm44mTrWnmloUVZs-PnX67nRRe7SJrgtW1s2MXq4ZA79TJ&t=1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

Why must I have an obsession with building in glass? Took me hours to make some walls :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

Why must I have an obsession with building in glass? Took me hours to make some walls :pac:

just wait until you want to make everything out of obsidian. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭ondafly

and you put one glass block wrong, and all you can do is smash it, never to be used or seen again :(

Don't start on me about that :mad:

That was not a pleasant surprise!

Advertisement