Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ryobi petrol blower/vac

Options
  • 19-03-2011 4:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭

has anyone else got one of these..mine is a feckin pain to start...got it new last year(present)used twice and got it hard to start then...this year no joy.fresh petrol and everything in it.ive just spent an hour trying to get it going..any idea's?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭get on your bike

Tbh they are just crap. They Hav something in engine that's breaks which wont let it start and hard togix

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭chiefwiggum

bo**ox....

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭dardevle

bit more info would help chief.... have you done some of the more obvious stuff like check for spark? cleaned the carb if it was stored over the winter with fuel in it, make sure the fuel/oil mix is correct- the ryobi can be tempermental if the mix is not right...

i wouldn't be the most mechanical dardevle,,i had a look for the carb but presume its under the plastic covering...fuel mix should be ok..it was stored over winter with some fuel in it i must admit.best way to clean the carb?

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭dardevle

while not the textbook method of troubleshooting the problem, i find the quickest way of finding a fuel/spark problem is to take the spark plug out of the engine block, reattach the plug into the rubbermounted holder and then crank the engine while holding the plug (by the rubbermount) close to a metal spot near the engine block (where it was removed from) you should be seeing a nice blue spark. if not, replace the plug for a new one and repeat, if you still have no spark then it is probably down to the ignition switch or the starter coil.... if you do get spark then i would hazard that it is a fuel supply problem.

• Advertisement

thanks...but you would need 4 arms and 4 eyes for that...it wouldn't be easy but i'll give it a go for sure

Advertisement