Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Movies that shocked you or changed you forever.

Options
1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

That movie is rubbish.

If you want something really messed up that shows people eating what they shouldnt then try John Water's Pink Flamingos.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Fred Cohen

Scum
    Ray Winstone also stars in this brutal tale set in a borstal in the UK in the 70s.Its a violent movie that includes
    a rough rape scene on a minor and a very graphic suicide scene.
    There is nothing exploitative in this film,its delivered very matter of factly which is why it packs such a punch.

Absolute class film. Will watch the others (bar the last one).

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭firefly08

Once Were Warriors - probably had the most profound effect on me of any film I've seen. Very disturbing but well worth watching.

Fargo...don't know what it is about that movie. It's fictional, but it somehow has a ring of realism and truth about it that I find deeply disturbing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Watched Buried last night. OMG, what an amazing film. Hats off to Ryan "Van Wilder" Reynolds for pulling off what is effectivly a 2hr one man show.

It was a very intense and I think Ryan captured exactly what it must be like to feel the hoplessness of the situation.

I have to say it disturbed me because I am pretty sure that is how I would react to waking up in a coffin underground. The crying, screaming, panic and ultimately hope.

Top notch movie
    8.5/10

Watched it there, enjoyed it, its one I'd recommend also

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭AhSureTisGrand

Saw a review for this movie last night and the trailer alone has changed me forever :eek:

The Worm Eaters
    Its meant to be a comedy about a guy who loves worms so much he lives with them in the woods. When the evil mayor takes his land, he decides to spike everyones food with worms that turn those who eat them into (yep, you guessed it... Worms)

Real worms were eaten in this movie and seems to be lots of close ups of this!

Trailer Here
    **Be Warned - This is really really gross**

So it's like Rugrats then?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭epgc3fyqirnbsx

Funny Games is really one of the most shocking films I have seen.
    The killers are so mannerly in their actions and then he just tosses Naomi Watts character overboard at the end without even looking at her and comments that he is hungry... well it was just the whole manner that disturbed me, I amn't able to put it into words at the moment

Also, there's a film that I am trying to remember the name of that was quite shocking. It's where a boy and his friend and older brother, I think, invite the boys bully to come rafting on the river with them to get revenge. They end up becoming quite fond of the bully and I wont ruin the story but can anyone name it for me??

Alpha Dog is also worth a mention. Really liked Timberlake in this despite myself. The film was all the worse considering it was true...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Funny Games is really one of the most shocking films I have seen.
    The killers are so mannerly in their actions and then he just tosses Naomi Watts character overboard at the end without even looking at her and comments that he is hungry... well it was just the whole manner that disturbed me, I amn't able to put it into words at the moment

Also, there's a film that I am trying to remember the name of that was quite shocking. It's where a boy and his friend and older brother, I think, invite the boys bully to come rafting on the river with them to get revenge. They end up becoming quite fond of the bully and I wont ruin the story but can anyone name it for me??

Alpha Dog is also worth a mention. Really liked Timberlake in this despite myself. The film was all the worse considering it was true...

Mean Creek from 2004

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭epgc3fyqirnbsx

Mean Creek from 2004

Excellent, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭St.Spodo

Two Nuns, One Chalice. Depraved stuff.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭newmug

Saw a review for this movie last night and the trailer alone has changed me forever :eek:

The Worm Eaters
    were eaten in this movie and seems to be lots of close ups of this!

Trailer Here
    **Be Warned - This is really really gross**

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaahahahahahahahah

If that changed your life forever, you're in for some major shocks in life!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭mystique150

Who framed Roger Rabbit :-) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Who_Framed_Roger_Rabbit
    Now I know its not a life altering experience or anything but I can honestly say when I first saw that film I was petrified. The notion that cartoon and real life could be the same or intertwined frightened the bejayus out of me. Nightmares unfolded and suddenly Superted, Danger mouse and Captain Planet were all susceptible to pop into my life at any moment. Thankfully I grew out of it...can't say the same for A Serbian film though!

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭dx22

Salems Lot creeped me out for many years later and most recently Breaking the Waves with the fantastic emily watson was disturbing

Have tried to watch requeim for a dream which has been recommended here more times than a skoda octavia but i just dont get it!

Advertisement