Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who'll win All Ireland talent show 2011?

Options
  • 19-03-2011 5:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭

So who'll be crowned All Ireland talent champ tomorrow night? I'm rooting for little Daniel Furlong.I love his voice and he's also such a charming,endearing young lad.I really hope people get behind him.This business of voting for regions is ridiculous,I think people should vote for who they consider the most talented, regardless of where they're from.It seems as if the West vote en masse for the West even if represented by Dustin in his trolley! I mean no offence to the acts from the West but do we really need two sets of Seanos dancers in the final? There were other more worthy acts who didn't make it because of the regional bias.So here's hoping real talent wins tomorrow night!

And for the record, I'm from the South, supporting the East.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭baalthor

acequion wrote: »
    So who'll be crowned All Ireland talent champ tomorrow night? I'm rooting for little Daniel Furlong.I love his voice and he's also such a charming,endearing young lad.I really hope people get behind him.This business of voting for regions is ridiculous,I think people should vote for who they consider the most talented, regardless of where they're from.It seems as if the West vote en masse for the West even if represented by Dustin in his trolley! I mean no offence to the acts from the West but do we really need two sets of Seanos dancers in the final? There were other more worthy acts who didn't make it because of the regional bias.So here's hoping real talent wins tomorrow night!

And for the record, I'm from the South, supporting the East.

The regional conflict is what the show is all about.
    The talent bit is incidental; it might as well be the All Ireland Turnip Show :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭acequion

I think that's nonsense balthor :eek:. Regional competitions in sport,great but in singing and dancing! As if any of those acts are doing it for their region!:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

Hope Don Stiffe or Mad for road win it :)

although I do agree, i don't really see why 2 seanos dancing groups are in the final. Of course, they are very talented dancing groups (dont get me wrong) but they are both around the same age bracket bar 2 or 3 of them. And it'd have been great to see more variety in the final.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭meercat

popular thread i see

well done daniel;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,703 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

He was off key in places. Very undeserved

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Colmo52

meercat wrote: »
    popular thread i see

As always.

Ally Dick wrote: »
    He was off key in places. Very undeserved

sure hes only a child
    live tv
    well done daniel

Am really thrilled.I took to him from the beginning and ran out of credit voting for him all night.He's such a little dote and so unassuming.So what if he was off key once or twice.He's a phenomenal talent but like most of them as yet,is only amateur.That's the charm of the competition.Perfection comes with time and practice.

Well done Daniel!

If that's the best that the country can come up with, no wonder we're screwed

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Colmo52

The talent is there. They just need to change the format of the show. People are voting for the region, not the act.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Jeekers

I so agree, A child won it last year as well :eek:. I was hoping Mad for road would win it.

If that's the best that the country can come up with, no wonder we're screwed.

Oh do please lighten up Ally Dick!!

Agree with you though,Colmo 52.However the East don't vote and if Daniel was depending on them,he'd have lost.So I reckon tonight people went and voted for their favourite act.

I see your point,Jeekers. And the year before as well. And I also really liked Mad for Road and felt a little disappointed for them. But the children who've won in the last few years have been really talented and the cuteness factor will always appeal to the public who call the shots.

That show is parochial rubbish. It makes my blood boil to see stooges in the audience wearing their GAA county colours. There's always the obligatory shot of the 95 year old great granny as well.

That show is parochial rubbish. It makes my blood boil to see stooges in the audience wearing their GAA county colours. There's always the obligatory shot of the 95 year old great granny as well.

In these cynical times full of weirdos,misfits and the downright angry,it is great that we can still value the simple things like family [even the 95 year old great grans] and pride of parish!

acequion wrote: »

In these cynical times full of weirdos,misfits and the downright angry,it is great that we can still value the simple things like family [even the 95 year old great grans] and pride of parish!

Eh no. It makes us look like a nation of simpletons

Advertisement