Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How many gigs have you attended so far?

Options
  • 19-03-2011 5:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭

I'm 19 years old and so far I've been to 13 concerts, 5 of which were Irish folk concerts with my parents.
    I was wondering how many gigs everyone else has attended. If you've been to Oxegen that counts as 3 shows.

I went to;

1. Westlife, Point Depot 2001
    2. Tommy Fleming NCH, 2008
    3. Westlife, Croker 2008
    4. Christy Moore, Mullingar 2008
    5. Tommy Fleming, Coleraine 2009
    6. The Fray, Olympia Theatre 2009
    7. Jimmy MacCarthy, NCH 2009
    8. U2, Croker 2009
    9. De Dannan, NCH 2009
    10. Green Day, Marlay Park 2010
    11. Leona Lewis, O2 2010
    12. JLS, O2 2011
    13. Boyzone, O2 2011

(P.S. you don't have to list the concerts if you don't want to)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

I'm 20, and have been going to gigs semi-regularly since about this time 4 years ago.

I've stopped keeping track of individual gigs at this stage >_>:

My Chemical Romance(x3), Trivium(x3) God Forbid, Mendeed, Taking Back Sunday, Anti-Flag, Senses Fail, Alexisonfire(x2), UnderOath, Saosin, Annihilator, Gojira, Iron Maiden, Enter Shikari(x2), In Case Of Fire, Steer Clear(x5), Lost Alone, Attack In Black, Billy Talent, Muse, Rodrigo Y Gabriela, Dirty Pretty Things, The Streets, Foo Fighters, Nine Inch Nails(x2), Silversun Pickups, Mindless Self Indulgence(x2), Circa Survive, Fightstar(x2), Madina Lake, Coheed And Cambria, Homestar Runner(x5), Paramore, Metallica, Sweet Savage, Tenacious D, Alkaline Trio, Nine IX Lives, Fall Out Boy, Dir En Grey, Bring Me The Horizon, Black Tide, Heathers(x3), Pendulum, Blur, Elbow, Bloc Party, Therapy?, Jane's Addiction, Fever Ray(x2), MSTRKRFT, The Bloody Beetroots(x2), Youmeatsix, The Gaslight Anthem, Eagles Of Death Metal, Regina Spektor, Go:Audio, Delorentos(x2), The Vengaboys (>_<), Mixhell(x2), Mark Almond, Jonsi, Eels, Foals, Crystal Castles, (Also Crystal Swing....) Cathy Davey, Villagers, Halves, Adebisi Shank, Cast of Cheers, Fight Like Apes, O Emperor, James Vincent McMorrow, The Japanese Popstars, Dan Le Sac vs Scroobius Pip, Mumford and Sons, The Blackout, Architects,

Apparently I've been guestlisted for the Blackout in a months time, probably going to Parkway Drive and I'll be at Oxegen + EP this year, so that's my planned gigs for a while!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Fad wrote: »
    I'm 20, and have been going to gigs semi-regularly since about this time 4 years ago.

I've stopped keeping track of individual gigs at this stage >_>:

My Chemical Romance(x3), Trivium(x3) God Forbid, Mendeed, Taking Back Sunday, Anti-Flag, Senses Fail, Alexisonfire(x2), UnderOath, Saosin, Annihilator, Gojira, Iron Maiden, Enter Shikari(x2), In Case Of Fire, Steer Clear(x5), Lost Alone, Attack In Black, Billy Talent, Muse, Rodrigo Y Gabriela, Dirty Pretty Things, The Streets, Foo Fighters, Nine Inch Nails(x2), Silversun Pickups, Mindless Self Indulgence(x2), Circa Survive, Fightstar(x2), Madina Lake, Coheed And Cambria, Homestar Runner(x5), Paramore, Metallica, Sweet Savage, Tenacious D, Alkaline Trio, Nine IX Lives, Fall Out Boy, Dir En Grey, Bring Me The Horizon, Black Tide, Heathers(x3), Pendulum, Blur, Elbow, Bloc Party, Therapy?, Jane's Addiction, Fever Ray(x2), MSTRKRFT, The Bloody Beetroots(x2), Youmeatsix, The Gaslight Anthem, Eagles Of Death Metal, Regina Spektor, Go:Audio, Delorentos(x2), The Vengaboys (>_<), Mixhell(x2), Mark Almond, Jonsi, Eels, Foals, Crystal Castles, (Also Crystal Swing....) Cathy Davey, Villagers, Halves, Adebisi Shank, Cast of Cheers, Fight Like Apes, O Emperor, James Vincent McMorrow, The Japanese Popstars, Dan Le Sac vs Scroobius Pip, Mumford and Sons, The Blackout, Architects,

Apparently I've been guestlisted for the Blackout in a months time, probably going to Parkway Drive and I'll be at Oxegen + EP this year, so that's my planned gigs for a while!

:eek: Wow fair dues to have seen all those shows.

I won't even bother counting them up and I don't blame you for not.

But yeah Oxegen this year for me hopefully and Take That in June so hopefully by the summer I'll be able to mark my 17th gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

28 that I can think of, but there are probably a few more. Most of those 28 would have been during 80's and 90's. Most memorable would be Springsteen, Slane '85 and the 1997 Guinness Fleadh on Randall's Island, New York. Chisty Moore was in brilliant form that weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,970 ✭✭✭furiousox

See below ;)

CPL 593H

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Ill add mine up tomorrow ha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

Hmmm according to my lastfm I have been to 86 gigs since 2003 (that includes oxegen twice) and I have 10 upcoming events (which also includes oxegen) this could be why I never have any money
    http://www.last.fm/user/dar_dar/events
    (yes I know I have a problem)

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Prettyfireworks

5ive
    Boyzone(x2)
    Blink 182(x2)
    Pink(x4)
    Bowling for Soup(x2)
    All American Rejects
    Maroon 5
    Scissor Sisters
    Franz Ferdinand
    Jimmy Eat World(x2)
    The Killers
    30 Seconds To Mars(x2)
    Shakira
    Miley Cyrus
    Metro Station
    Zebra Head
    Mc Fly
    Bloc Party

Panic! At the disco are next on my list, once i've seen them i'll be happy!!:)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Going to gigs for 15 years on average about 20(more the last 3/4 years) a year so that puts me at 300ish.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,734 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

I didn't go to any gigs until I left school, but then I made up for lost time. :D

A Camp, AC/DC, a-ha (2), Air (2) Tori Amos (3), Laurie Anderson, Anjani, Ash (4), The Bangles, Beck (3), Belle and Sebastian (4), Tony Bennett, Big Country, Big Star, Stephen Bishop (3), The Blind Boys of Alabama, Blink-182, Blondie (3), The Blue Nile (2), Bon Jovi, David Bowie (2), Paul Brady, Jackson Browne (5), David Byrne (3), John Cale (4), Camera Obscura (4), Caravan (2), Nick Cave (2), Kasey Chambers, Cheap Trick, Leonard Cohen (2), Phil Collins (2), Billy Corgan, The Corrs, Elvis Costello, Cotton Mather, Counting Crows (2), The Cowboy Junkies, Cracker, Crash Test Dummies (2), David Crosby and Graham Nash, Crosby, Stills & Nash (2), Crowded House, The Dandy Warhols, The Darkness, Ray Davies, Depeche Mode (4), Deus, The Devlins, The Dirty Three, The Divine Comedy, The Doors of the 21st Century, Duran Duran (2), Bob Dylan (9), Echo and the Bunnymen, Eels (8), Embrace (4), Erasure, Extreme (2), Feeder (2), Bryan Ferry (2), Fleetwood Mac (3), Flight of the Conchords, Ben Folds (4), Ben Folds Five, Foo Fighters (5), Fountains of Wayne (2), Fun Lovin’ Criminals (3), Peter Gabriel, Garbage, Art Garfunkel (2), Genesis, The Gentle Waves, Philip Glass, Goldfrapp, Jose Gonzalez, Martin L. Gore, Grandaddy, David Gray, Nanci Griffith (2), Emm Gryner (4), Emmylou Harris, PJ Harvey, Charlotte Hatherley, Gemma Hayes (2), Robyn Hitchcock and the Venus Three, Steve Hogarth, Horslips (3), The Human League, Iron Maiden (3), Jethro Tull, Jimmy Eat World, Billy Joel (2), Elton John (5), Wilko Johnson, Norah Jones (2), Mark Knopfler and Emmylou Harris, Kris Kristofferson, Lambchop, Ute Lemper, Sean Lennon, Jenny Lewis, Jenny Lewis and the Watson Twins, The Like, Low, Donal Lunny, Paul McCartney (2), Kate and Anna McGarrigle (2), Don McLean, The Magic Numbers, Aimee Mann, Marillion, Massive Attack, Brian May, Brad Mehldau, Natalie Merchant, Mercury Rev (2), The Monkees (2), Scotty Moore, Morcheeba, Alanis Morissette, Van Morrison (2), Mozaik, Múm, Randy Newman (4), New Order, Joanna Newsom, Michael Nyman Band, Gilbert O’Sullivan, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark (3), Jimmy Page and Robert Plant (2), Nerina Pallot, Pearl Jam (5), Joe Pernice (2), Madeleine Peyroux, Phoenix, Placebo, Robert Plant, Planxty (4), The Police, Porcupine Tree, The Pretenders, Queen and Paul Rodgers, Queens of the Stone Age, Radiohead (2), Chris Rea, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Red House Painters (2), Lou Reed (3), REM (4), Damien Rice, Cliff Richard and the Shadows, The Rolling Stones (2), David Lee Roth, Roxy Music (2), Todd Rundgren, The Seahorses, Shack, The Shadows, Sigur Ros, Paul Simon (2), Simon and Garfunkel, Smashing Pumpkins (4), Elliott Smith, Patti Smith, Snow Patrol, Spandau Ballet, Sparks, Regina Spektor, Bruce Springsteen (16), Starsailor, Stephen Stills, Sting, Suede (2), Supergrass, Matthew Sweet, James Taylor (3), Tears for Fears, Teenage Fanclub (5), Television (2), Tenacious D, Richard Thompson (7), Billy Bob Thornton, The Thrills (3), Justin Timberlake, Emiliana Torrini, Jeff Tweedy, U2 (4), Velvet Crush, Loudon Wainwright III (4), Martha Wainwright, Rufus Wainwright (5), Tom Waits (3), Roger Waters (3), Jeff Wayne’s War of the Worlds, The Webb Brothers, Jimmy Webb, Weezer, Gillian Welch, Jim White, The White Stripes, The Who (3), Wilco (5), Brian Wilson (3), Yazoo, Yes (4), Neil Young (9).

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,603 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

Duran Duran '87 cost £7 or £8
    Aha
    Erasure
    Communards
    Tina Turner- was very late- missed the train home:mad:
    Chris de Burgh( apologies to self- was very young):o
    U2x3 saw REM support them as unknown band in '85
    In Tua Nua, The Alarm same gig as above
    Mamas Boys:)
    Gwen Stefani
    Paul Young
    George Michael x2
    IRMA '90 with The Four of Us, sinead o connor
    Diana Ross - won tickets
    The Dubliners
    Electric Picnic- cant remember who sang
    Bruce Springsteen
    Pussy Cat Dolls, ( apologies to self- was accompanying minors)
    Fleetwood Mac x3
    Rhianna

going to Journey and Foreigner in summer if I can remember where I put ticket

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

38 in the past and 7 upcoming according to my last.fm profile (although this includes comedy shows): http://www.last.fm/user/grimm2005/events

among these are:
    Dragonforce (x3)
    Iron Maiden
    KISS
    AC/DC (x2)
    Metallica (x2)
    Electric Six (x2)
    Airborne
    Dropkick Murphys
    Pearl Jam
    Slash

Big ones coming up are Rush, Iron Maiden and *hopefully* the Lollapolooza festival in Chicago!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 JoshHomme

Too many..... At the Drive in, Muse x 7, QOTSA x 8, Foo's x 6, Metallica x 5, Elbow x 4, Pearl Jam, Them Crooked Vultures, RATM, Paul McCartney, Velvet Revolver, Doves x 4, Kasabian x 4, Mark Lanegan x 4, Gutter Twins x 2, Christy Moore, Greg Dulli, Sonic Youth, Yeah Yeah Yeah's, U2 x 2,Manics x 4, Eagles of Death Metal x 2, Bloc Party, Chili Peppers, Franz Ferdinand, LCD Soundsystem, Hope of The States, Charlatans x 2, Isobel Campbell and Mark Lanegan, Audioslave, Slayer, Motorhead

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Dermo

I'm 26 and I've been to over 150. But granted a lot of them were free to review the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

08 July 2007 - Metalllica, Machine Head, Him and Mastodon - Wembley Stadium, London
    22 June 2008 - Linkin Park, Queens Of the Stone Age and Coheed and Cambria - RDS Dublin
    13 Aug 2008 - Muse, Kasabian and Glasvegas - Marley Park, Dublin
    20 Aug 2008 - Metallica, Tenacious D, Sweet Savage - Marley Park, Dublin
    13 Sep 2008 - Nickelback and Staind - RDS, Dublin
    20 June 2009 - Oasis, Kasabian, The Prodigy, Glasvegas - Slane Castle
    July 2009 - Oxegen Festival, saw Kings of Leon, Blur, The Script, Lily Allen, Katy Perry, Lady Gaga, The Killers, Calvin Harris, Bloc Party, Carolina Liar, The Coronas, Ting Tings, Razorlight, Iglu and Hartley, Snow Patrol and a few others
    02 Aug 2009 - Metallica, Avenged Sevenfold, Alice in Chains, Mastodon and Glyder - Marlay Park Dublin
    21 Oct 2009 - Green Day, Prima Donna - The O2 Dublin
    06 Nov 2009 - Muse - The O2 Dublin
    19 Nov 2009 - Kasabian, Reverand and the Makers - The O2 Dublin
    December 2009 - Paramore, Paper Route, You Me At Six - The O2 Dublin
    22 Jan 2010 - All Time Low, The Blackout, My Passion, Young Guns - The Academy Dublin
    19 March 2010 - You Me At Six, Cantabury - The Olympia, Dublin
    11 May 2010 - Metallica, High On Fire, Volbeat - Odyessy Belfast
    12 May 2010 - Metallica, High On Fire, Volbeat - Odyessy Belfast
    18 May 2010 - Lost Prophets, Jody Has A Hitlist - Academy Dublin
    02 June 2010 - Rage Against the Machine, Gallows, GoGol Bordello - O2 Dublin
    19 June 2010 - Green Day, Joan Jett and the Blackhearts, Frank Turner - Wembley Stadium, London
    21 June 2010 - Green Day, Joan Jett and the Blackhearts - SECC, Glasgow
    23 June 2010 - Green Day, Joan Jett and the Blackhearts, Paramore - Marlay Park, Dublin
    9-11 July 2010 - Oxegen Festival, saw Stereophonics, Coronas, Black Keys, Vampire Weekend, Eliza Dolittle, Biffy Clyro, Two Door Cinema Club, Florence and The Machine, The Specials, Kasabian, Muse, 30 Seconds to Mars, Eminem, The Prodigy, Mumford and Sons, D12, Temper Trap, Dizzee Rascall.
    19 Aug 2010 - Feeder -Academy Dublin
    31 Aug 2010 - Blink 182, Twin Atlantic - The O2 Dublin
    22 Oct 2010 - Bowling For Soup, A, Forever The Sickest Kids - Academy Dublin
    06 Nov 2010 - Paramore, Bob, Scuba Dice - O2 Dublin
    08 Nov 2010 - Avenged Sevenfold, Xerosun - The Olympia Dublin
    11 Dec 2010 - Kids In Glass Houses - The Academy Dublin
    04 Feb 2011 - Good Charlotte On The Kerrang Tour - Academy Dublin
    05 Feb 2011 - Feeder - Academy Dublin
    16 Feb 2011 - My Chemical Romance, The Blackout, Lost Alone - O2 Dublin
    01 Mar 2011 - All Time Low, Yellowcard, Young Guns - Olympia Dublin

Upcoming
    06 Apr - Bowling For Soup - Academy Dublin
    19 May - QOTSA - Olympia Dublin
    28 May - Kings Of Leon - Slane
    July - Oxegen 2011
    August maybe Reading / Leeds line up and finances depending

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

karaokeman wrote: »
    I'm 19 years old

12. JLS, O2 2011
    13. Boyzone, O2 2011

A 19 year old going to Boyzone and JLS? I hope there's a girlfriend dragging you along against your will.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,681 ✭✭✭bren2001

Only really started over the past 2 years.

20 - 02 - 07 Razorlight RDS
    10 - 06 - 07 Arctic Monkeys Malahide Castle
    Oxegen 07 (day ticket for the Killers)
    Oxegen 08 (sunday day ticket)
    21 - 08 - 08 The Killers Marley Park
    20 - 02 - 09 The Killers o2
    05 - 07 - 09 Arctic Monkeys Vienna (found their tour bus and got a picure with them)
    V Festival 09 (was away for Oxegen, Killers headlined)
    21 - 10 - 09 Green Day o2
    23 - 04 - 10 Scouting for Girls Olympia
    29 - 04 - 10 Jedward Helix (dont ask)
    12 - 06 - 10 Paul McCartney RDS
    19 - 06 - 10 Green Day Wembley
    Oxegen 2010
    22 - 09 - 10 Brandon Flower The Academy
    28 - 10 - 10 Mark Ronson The Academy
    16 - 12 - 10 The Script Midnight at the Olympia
    15 - 02 - 11 The Blanks (Teds band from Scrubs) The Helix
    16 - 02 - 11 My Chemical Romance o2
    18 - 03 - 11 Mumford and Sons Midnight at the Olympia

Upcoming shows:
    The Wombats (tonight)
    Rock am Ring
    Take That
    Oxegen
    V Festival

A 19 year old going to Boyzone and JLS? I hope there's a girlfriend dragging you along against your will.

Lol here we go again.

No there was no gf dragging me there against my will. I bought my own tickets and it was my intention to see these shows.

I will let you know I do listen to some pop bands, but that doesn't mean I'm not into rock music as some people would assume. I'm still into rock bands like Artic Monkeys, Chilli's and of course U2, The Fray and Green Day (who like I've stated above) I've also seen their gigs.

I've had arguments with people about this before because they all say fans of true music don't listen to anything manufactured. But really I don't give a damn what other people say because I am proud to be a fan of all types of music. Others can do as they please, its my decision at the end of the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭PeterTwo

karaokeman wrote: »
    Lol here we go again.

No there was no gf dragging me there against my will. I bought my own tickets and it was my intention to see these shows.

I will let you know I do listen to some pop bands, but that doesn't mean I'm not into rock music as some people would assume. I'm still into rock bands like Artic Monkeys, Chilli's and of course U2, The Fray and Green Day (who like I've stated above) I've also seen their gigs.

I've had arguments with people about this before because they all say fans of true music don't listen to anything manufactured. But really I don't give a damn what other people say because I am proud to be a fan of all types of music. Others can do as they please, its my decision at the end of the day.

So you went alone?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

I'd say it's somewhere between 100 and 130, been going to gigs proper since 2002.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭evillive

hmmm never put my list together but it all started with U2 in 1987, bon jovi, metallica, danzing, anthrax, kreator, death, wolfsbane, iron maiden, aerosmith, steve vai, black crowes, no sweat, thunder, red hot chili peppers, flaming lips, moby, skid row, lita ford, motley crue, whitesnake, thin lizzy(ish), rollins band, garbage, sonic youth, nirvana, sepultura, deep purple, def leppard, cheap trick, poison, nickleback, korn, puddle of mudd, guns n roses, faith no more, ugly kid joe, the quireboys, ozzy osbourne, deicide, cancer, apocalyptica, dir en grey, eric sardinas, david lee roth, manic street preachers, gun, a house, green day, blondie, henry rollins, marilyn manson, celtic frost, slayer, prince, slipknot, the darkness, lenny kravitz

(and some of my not so finer moments - pink, michael jackson, ub40, alanis morrisette)

i'm sure i've left some out but thats all my old brain can remember:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Just the one, East 17 at the old point

PeterTwo wrote: »
    So you went alone?

No I went with friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭cossy09

REM Slane and twice in Point
    Oasis supporting REM and in Marlay Park
    Suede Tivoli 1992 SFX 1993 Dublin Castle 1994
    Damien Dempsey x 8
    Oh and eh Morrissey once or twice
    Apr 27 - Dublin (Ireland), Dublin Stadium 1991
    Feb 11 - Birmingham, Aston Villa Leisure Centre 1995
    Nov 24 - Dublin (Ireland), Point Depot 1995
    Dec 2 - Dublin (Ireland), The Olympia Theatre 1999
    Oct 2 - Dublin (Ireland), Ambassador Theatre 2002
    Oct 3 - Dublin (Ireland), Ambassador Theatre 2002
    May 22 - Manchester (UK), M.E.N. Arena 2004
    June 5 - Dublin (Ireland), Heineken Green Energy Festival 2004
    Sep 4 - Blackpool, Empress Ballroom 2004
    Dec 20 - Dublin (Ireland), The Point 2004
    Apr 13 - Killarney (Ireland), INEC 2006
    Apr 15 - Dublin (Ireland), Olympia Theatre 2006
    Apr 16 - Dublin (Ireland), Olympia Theatre 2006
    Aug 22 - Dublin (Ireland), Marley Park 2006
    Dec 23 - Manchester (UK), G-Mex 2006
    June 26th CorkLive at the Marquee
    June 28th 2008 Royal Hospital Kilmainham
    May 1st 2009 Omagh Leisure Centre
    May 2nd Belfast Waterfront Hall
    May 22nd Manchester Apollo
    May 23rd Manchester Apollo
    Nov 23rd National Stadium Dublin:)

Upcoming shows:
    The Wombats (tonight)
    Rock am Ring
    Take That
    Oxegen
    V Festival[/QUOTE]

Enjoy the support act tonight. Saw them on RTE last night The Minutes. Sounded Great

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Yellowledbetter

70 or so including 9 Oxegens,1 Electric Picnic and 1 Day Trip to Tipp in 1997 IIRC.
    Keep meaning to frame all the stubs too,will get around to it some day

• Registered Users Posts: 6,681 ✭✭✭bren2001

Enjoy the support act tonight. Saw them on RTE last night The Minutes. Sounded Great[/QUOTE]

They were pretty alright. They gave away free tickets on their facebook last night.

Well pretty alright was better than pretty awful so i am encouraged

Just saw last nights performance on you tube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnHXnxdMWIQ

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Been going to gigs for 8 odd years. A very very rough guesstimate including local gigs would be about 400.

Just counting "Big" gigs (MCD etc) I'd say about 100.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

hmmmm......

it's around the 160 mark.......I lost faith in a lot of music in the 90's - but for the past 5-6 years I've been hitting 20+ a year......

seen most of the Worlds major artists I think, marked a lot off the Bucket List the last couple of years and another on Sat night finally getting to see Accept.....what's to come in the next few months is in my Sig.....:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭ned rierson

first gig in 1982. most recent one 2 weeks ago. mostly in Ireland and the UK. one in France. the most i went to in one year was 43. i reckon i'm near the 500 mark

Advertisement