Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loud bang in Rathmines last night

Options
  • 19-03-2011 6:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭

Hi

Can anyone shed any light on a loud bang that occured near or around Rathmines last night?

It sounded like a loud explosion that shook the house and was followed by alarms sounding for about half an hour.............

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭JohnnyDoogue

I did around half 3. No news what happened yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭onion rings

i heard it too it was mad, nothing about it on the news except a bomb found in mulhuddart, maybe they took it to the barrax in rathmines to detonate it?

http://www.rte.ie/news/2011/0319/device.html

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

i heard it too it was mad, nothing about it on the news except a bomb found in mulhuddart, maybe they took it to the barrax in rathmines to detonate it?

http://www.rte.ie/news/2011/0319/device.html

The article says "The team arrived on scene at 1.30am and removed the device for evaluation and destruction."

They are based in Cathal Brugha so its more than likely thats what happened

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭onion rings

thats gas, it shook the house i was in too. im around louis lane and the barrax field is at the back, the nee naws were going straight after too though so maybe it was bigger then they thought it would be

musta been a very improvised device, i didnt even see it on the tv, shaking a few houses though and setting off alarms, ud think something like that would be big news, if it had of gone off in town it would be bad....

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Yillan

There was a big bang in Tallaght tonight

• Advertisement
Advertisement