Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gig For Gary - Gary Moore Tribute Night

Options
  • 19-03-2011 6:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

Hi everyone,

Just want to let you all know about the Gary Moore tribute gig that's happening on the 18th of April in Whelans, Dublin.

Acts playing include Eric Bell, Swampsnake (Moore or less), The Business Blues Band, Silverbird and more very special guests to be announced over the coming weeks.

It only costs €10 in at the door, doors open at 7:30pm and the show will be starting at about 8:00pm.

So if you are a Gary Moore fan, or know some people who were, get down to this night and show your respects by enjoying a whole night of Garys' music and music dedicated to Gary.

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=109576032456102

Thanks,

Paul Morrin

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Nhead

Thanks for the info-what a guitarist he was. RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭aquarian_fire

That's such a good idea. He was such a brilliant musician.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Pawsome54

Yeah he was incredible!

If yous want to go you should click "attending" on the facebook page and get in touch asap if you would like to get on the guest list (it's only €8 if you put your name down on the guest list).

We havn't started advertising properly yet, but starting Monday we're gonna be putting up posters everywhere and trying to get advertising space in newspapers and magazines. We gotta try and make it a really big night to promote Gary Moore and celebrate his life.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

More than likely go along to this

Are proceeds going to a charity Gary supported?

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭aquarian_fire

If it wasn't so far away, I'd be there! :(

• Advertisement

Yeah, his familys preferred charity is the Teenage Cancer Trust so that's exactly where we're sending the money
    scudzilla wrote: »
    More than likely go along to this

Are proceeds going to a charity Gary supported?

More acts have been announced, full line-up is as follows:

Eric Bell,
    Mick and Dave Pyro (Republic of Loose),
    Swampsnake (Moore or Less),
    Thunder Rising,
    Pat Farrell and the Business Blues Band,
    Silverbird

Plus very special guests

Gonna be a great night!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

I have to check the calendar but if I am off I would love to go.

Advertisement