Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE Live & Player ?

Options
  • 19-03-2011 7:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭

Is it possible to watch RTElive on aPS3 slim? I followed a link from rte's site to download adobe but i got a message saying I could not download it

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,849 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

The player should be on your XMB, try signing out and back in and it should appear in a TV section. For the RTE live im not sure i have Play TV which i picked up from Amazon recently for under 30euro well worth it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Butch Cassidy

Cheers for the reply. Nah I don't want to be paying extra for anything. I've a PS3 online so I want to watch videos and liveTV for free just as I do on a laptop/PC. Is it doable?

Not sure to be honest, i dont know how to do it on a laptop never mind the PS3 lol.

You cant update the flash on the PS3 so any site that needs you to download updates wont work.

4OD and the RTE player are the only ones i know of.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,553 ✭✭✭AugustusMinimus

THis too is peeving me.

There seems to be an RTE Player app now on the PS3.

It will play old stuff fine but it won't play RTE live at all.

There's a link for it to play the boxing but it doesn't work. Sickening.

Right I updated and got the Player. The quality is terrible on my 42" but c'est la vie. I can't get my head around this RTE live issue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,535 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

slightly off topic, but having trouble playing RTE player on my ps3. I will go to play a show, the ads play beforehand, the when it goes to the main show I only get the audio and a blank screen. I can still see the rte control panel, volume control etc so its not the app itself, it just won't play the show. I think I'm fully updated etc, do I need to update something else? head wreck

TV3 sites doesn't work either. So much for an all in one entertainment unit.

I downloaded the PlayTV demo but wasn't that impressed.

Ive found Play TV to be very good, now its not worth the 100 euro it was released for but i got it for under 30 and since i only had rabbit ears for picking up RTE the reception was terrible, so i now have perfect reception i can record one channel and watch another, pause the TV, rewind it and i got E3 as an extra channel.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

It's really annoying to have have the Live function.
    Was hoping watch the Euros through the ps3 rte player app but it doesn't support the full website, just the "XL beta" thingy.

Advertisement