Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pork Stir Fry

Options
  • 19-03-2011 7:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭

Hey,

I have a pork chop to use for dinner tonight, there is nothing else in (I am ill so didn't get to do food shopping).

I was thinking of maybe doing a port stir fry.

All I have in is

Onions
    Garlic cloves
    1 pork chop
    Light soy sauce / dark soy sauce
    Mushrooms
    Egg noodles / Rice / Tagliatelle
    Celery
    Hoisin sauce (though I'd rather not use it as it's a bit spicy and I'm ill).
    Tinned tomatoes (chopped)
    Oregano / Rosemary / Thyme / Piri Piri / Cajun / Paprika / Parsley / Mixed Herbs (all are in glass jars/tins).
    Cream (single) and sour cream
    Rashers
    Eggs

I'd prefer not to do something spicy and nothing heavy.

Can anyone recommend any recipes please?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I'd make this carbonara: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056000760. It wouldn't use up your pork chop though, unless I suppose you cut it into small cubes and used it instead of rashers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Faith wrote: »
    I'd make this carbonara: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056000760. It wouldn't use up your pork chop though, unless I suppose you cut it into small cubes and used it instead of rashers.
    Thanks Faith, but is a carbonara heavy on the stomach?

The carbonara I usually make has rashers, mushrooms, onion, garlic, cream and tagliatelle (obv) in it and I feel it's sometimes heavy (and thats not on a sick stomach).

Thank you for your suggestion, I appreciate your help.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I'm a bit late, but it's heavy enough I suppose. I don't notice it, but I don't know how you'd feel about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Faith wrote: »
    I'm a bit late, but it's heavy enough I suppose. I don't notice it, but I don't know how you'd feel about it.
    Thanks Faith.

I went with your suggestion and ate less than half the carbonara as I felt full after only a few spoonfuls!:( I hate being sick!!!:(:mad:

Nice pork chop for tomorrow, hopefully it will be covered with some BBQ sauce if the stomach is any better!

Sorry about the rant! :o

Advertisement