Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Price of drinks

Options
  • 19-03-2011 8:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭

I was just wondering how much people would roughly spend a week on drink, I heard its dear over in australia as Im not a drinker ive been wondering how much I would be saving on average for not being a drinker over there, Thanks for replies in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭daftdave

astonaidan wrote: »
    I was just wondering how much people would roughly spend a week on drink, I heard its dear over in australia as Im not a drinker ive been wondering how much I would be saving on average for not being a drinker over there, Thanks for replies in advance

a schooner of beer in sydney is anywhere from $4.50 to $8.00 depending on where you are drinking , and a case of beer can be anywhere from $30 to $50 depending on what you are drinking ,

it depends on how much a person would drink to calculate the savings

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭busyliving

If you don't know what a schooner is, its a 425ml glass of beer. So its alot smaller than a pint:mad:

But drink here is very expensive, and if you want a box of european beer you could be looking at spending $60+

But if you can find a Dan Murphys, its the best place to get booze seems to be alot cheaper overall

Hope it helps

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭ArseBurger

Beer isn't expensive in Australia or New Zealand relative to wages in both countries.

Converting from Euro to Dollar and keeping your mind firmly anchored in Ireland, then maybe it could be considered to be expensive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Thanks for the replys the reason I was wondering is that it seems when the irish over there calculate how much they spend they seem to always factor in alot of drinking money and I was just wondering with me being a cheap Pioneer how much id save :D

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭markymark21

busyliving wrote: »
    If you don't know what a schooner is, its a 425ml glass of beer. So its alot smaller than a pint:mad:

But drink here is very expensive, and if you want a box of european beer you could be looking at spending $60+

But if you can find a Dan Murphys, its the best place to get booze seems to be alot cheaper overall

Hope it helps

Wow that is dear.. No Lidl in Oz no!?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭daftdave

Wow that is dear.. No Lidl in Oz no!?

we have aldi but they dont sell alcohol

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Skittlebrau

daftdave wrote: »

Mine does (Brunswick).

Dunno why anyone would buy European beers though, there's some fantastic Aussie and NZ beers for similar or lower price.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭s.c

daftdave wrote: »

Every Aldi I've been in sell alcohol anyway..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Seconded ...My Aldi sells a beer called Smith and Clyde. 27.99 a case, never tried it,

Advertisement