Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hairdressers in Limerick

• 19-03-2011 9:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 216 ✭✭

Hey! Just wondering does anyone know a good cheap hairdressers in Limerick? I'm a student so really cant afford to be paying big money! I've already tried the academy in Bellismo and found them useless! Thanks a million! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭kenoconnell

Hey...

Try Neveah... There opening a new salon on little Ellen St from top if William St. Have off peak specials...

Rgds ken

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭you wha?

try halo. i added thme on facebook and they pop up special offers on them sometimes and have an academy there too i think.i found it good when i went :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 344 ✭✭kiersm

I go to a hairdresser in Shannon Banks and she is a fab colourist and she isn't anywhere as dear as anywhere in town. I can pm you the details if you want

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 216 ✭✭tazbars

kiersm wrote: »
    I go to a hairdresser in Shannon Banks and she is a fab colourist and she isn't anywhere as dear as anywhere in town. I can pm you the details if you want

Hi that would be great thanks!

will check out the other places too thanks :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭donutheadhomer

tazbars wrote: »
    Hey! Just wondering does anyone know a good cheap hairdressers in Limerick? I'm a student so really cant afford to be paying big money! I've already tried the academy in Bellismo and found them useless! Thanks a million! :)

http://www.limerickleader.ie/news/local/this_limerick_life_with_pat_stapleton_barber_1_2184761

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭Elbi

You could try the Academy in Bellissimos. They are only training but they have someone watching them, I often go if im short of cash and need to get the hair done and I never had a problem

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

tazbars wrote: »
    Elbi wrote: »
    You could try the Academy in Bellissimos. They are only training but they have someone watching them, I often go if im short of cash and need to get the hair done and I never had a problem

Read the OP!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭Elbi

SORRY OP!!!!!
    Was on the phone in work and read your post too quickly, And because I had lots of good experiences with the girls in Bellissimos I said I'd try be helpful.

There is a place in Garryowen think its called Unique they are kinda cheap, €35 for a cut I do know and I think colours acn cheap enough too,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 cmmjk

Hi, i have been going to a salon in Dooradoyle, Juicy Hair, i have highlights and they have an offer on at the moment for a full head and cut for €99 so give them a try :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Naryclaire

Don't, DO NOT, go to <snip>. I don't want to name and shame becuas ethe girl herself is a lovely person, but there's a particular girl in there, name starts with <snip>, and she simply shouldn't be allowed do her job, she butchered my hair. I had waist length hair, went in for a trim and long layers, and what she did (she's a fully qualified stylist in there) resulted in me having to my hair cut up to my shoulders by another hairdresser. I came back the next day-once she shock had worn off-and got my money back no questions once they saw my head, but I've found ut since she's infamous, do not DO NOT go there.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Naryclaire wrote: »
    I don't want to name and shame becuas ethe girl herself is a lovely person

And then you pretty much named them anyway. Post amended.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

That place next to Centra are looking for hair models, always something to look out for

which one do you mean, the place in dooradoyle or limerick city???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

cmmjk wrote: »
    which one do you mean, the place in dooradoyle or limerick city???
    in town, between Centra and Gamestop, is it Tony and Guy or something

Insect Overlord, I get you choosing to remove what you thought would identify the hairdresser in question (though last I knew there was more than one stylist in there whose name started with that letter, I'm not actually malicious). But I think it's fair enough me warning someone away from a particular establishment where I got seriously seriously bad service. Why was the name of the hairdresser's cut out?

Insect Overlord, I get you choosing to remove what you thought would identify the hairdresser in question (though last I knew there was more than one stylist in there whose name started with that letter, I'm not actually malicious). But I think it's fair enough me warning someone away from a particular establishment where I got seriously seriously bad service. Why was the name of the hairdresser's cut out?

Ya Im not sure which one u are talking about! Just before I make another apt?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

Hi, i have been going to a salon in Dooradoyle, Juicy Hair, i have highlights and they have an offer on at the moment for a full head and cut for €99 so give them a try :)

jaysus €99! id get 6 and half hair cuts for that.:D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I removed it because I found your post borderline defamatory. It's one thing to criticise a hair-dresser for a bad job. It's entirely different to tell the world to avoid a business altogether. I understand you not being happy with the job in question, but that's no reason to damage someone's business.
    Ya Im not sure which one u are talking about! Just before I make another apt?

You seem well able to recommend your favourite spot in Dooradoyle, so I wouldn't be too worried about your next appointment. ;)
    crazygeryy wrote: »
    jaysus €99! id get 6 and half hair cuts for that.:D

I'd get 10 cuts if I added a euro to that. :pac:

I removed it because I found your post borderline defamatory. It's one thing to criticise a hair-dresser for a bad job. It's entirely different to tell the world to avoid a business altogether. I understand you not being happy with the job in question, but that's no reason to damage someone's business.

You seem well able to recommend your favourite spot in Dooradoyle, so I wouldn't be too worried about your next appointment. ;)

I'd get 10 cuts if I added a euro to that. :pac:

Hey totally agree with ur comment re damaging someone's business! Things are hard enough for everyone, I was only asking a second opinion, I heard about that offer for €99 for the highlights and I'm defo going to look into it, it sounds like good value! Thanks a mill :-)

You know, I wouldn't agree at all. That statement isn't remotely slanderous; I didn't make a false or unproveable statement that would lower the business's standing in the eyes of others. The OP asked for advice as to where to go, a responding post suggested that hairdressers, and I simply disagreed and said why. There's forum moderation, and then there's arbitrary censorship. There are posts all over boards relating to the experiences people have had in various businesses. I fail to see your need to get involved here, beyond removing what you felt identified the hairdresser in question. But hey, you are the omnipotent moderator!!

• Advertisement

You know, I wouldn't agree at all. That statement isn't remotely slanderous; I didn't make a false or unproveable statement that would lower the business's standing in the eyes of others. The OP asked for advice as to where to go, a responding post suggested that hairdressers, and I simply disagreed and said why. There's forum moderation, and then there's arbitrary censorship. There are posts all over boards relating to the experiences people have had in various businesses. I fail to see your need to get involved here, beyond removing what you felt identified the hairdresser in question. But hey, you are the omnipotent moderator!!

It's not about omnipotence. It's about maintaining a decent standard of posting.

Your post went beyond advice. It very plainly said to avoid one business in
    particular. It doesn't get any more black/white than that.

In future, PM me or post in this forum's feedback thread. Discussing moderation on-thread is not appropriate either.

Advertisement