Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doing Leaving cert 20yrs later!

Options
  • 19-03-2011 9:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi guy, i left school 20yrs ago this yr after inter cert and was thinking of looking into doing my leaving cert, but dont know where/who to contact regarding and maybe i'm mad thinking of doing as im dyslexic, the main reason i left school.
    Please let me know what you think. tks:cool:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭louliewan

Hi Summer2012, i was in a similar situation and started on a plc course to do some of the subjects. I wanted to do English, Irish, Maths and history but the place I went to in Leixlip didn't do Irish or history. I filled my days there by doing computer classes along with leaving cert english and maths (did conversational Spanish too). It was one of the most rewarding things i've ever done, great sense of achievement. I am now in my second year in NUI Maynooth and still can't get enough of the leanring 'buzz'. One or two people on the course, who were dyslexic got some extra assistance outside classes also.Best of luck to you whatever you do ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 summer2012

Thanks louliewan, Its not that i want to go to colllege (i dont think) but i just want to say i did my leaving cert lol, madness i know.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭louliewan

Completely understand, I had failed maths in mine when I did it and the sense of acomplishment when finally I had mastered it :D (not amazingly or anything but, I did it!). Go for it, nothing ventured...

Advertisement