Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pet Farm Pics C&C pls

• 19-03-2011 9:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭

Thanks for helping.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

I like the first one, but it's blown out the back and under exposed to the front. Why don't you link them to your flickr? SO we can see them right away ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭mumof2

I like the first one, but it's blown out the back and under exposed to the front. Why don't you link them to your flickr? SO we can see them right away ;)

Wil try..........

I have flickr account, but do I just post the link here then?:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Prenderb

mumof2 wrote: »
    Wil try..........

I have flickr account, but do I just post the link here then?:confused:

No, flickr gives you a "share" link in the top left, above the pic. Grab the html/bbcode is the option you want, then tick the bbcode box/blip (actually called a radio button), cut and paste the code in here, et voila, pic appears for us all to view without having to navigate away.

Edit: It's even easier on pix.ie - the code is just below the photo view, once you click on the pic in a stream....just saying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,204 ✭✭✭FoxT

You have some wonderful photos on flickr - I particularly like the Baltimore beacon shot - great composition & atmosphere, Well done.

I am struggling a bit with the 2 photos above. In each case you have managed focus & a fairly tricky exposure situation quite well. But, for me, at least, they lack visual appeal. In photo #1 I'd consider cropping so you eliminate the out of focus foreground, especially to the bottom right. For photo 2 a crop may help a bit, think of the rule of thirds and try crops that comply with that.

PS - The 'rule of thirds' is not a RULE, and it can be broken to good effect (by photogs better than me) but I often find that if I have an 'ordinary-lookin' photo, cropping to make the final result fit rule-of-thirds can really give it a boost.

Keep at it, you're doing great,
    - FoxT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭mumof2

FoxT wrote: »
    You have some wonderful photos on flickr - I particularly like the Baltimore beacon shot - great composition & atmosphere, Well done.

I am struggling a bit with the 2 photos above. In each case you have managed focus & a fairly tricky exposure situation quite well. But, for me, at least, they lack visual appeal. In photo #1 I'd consider cropping so you eliminate the out of focus foreground, especially to the bottom right. For photo 2 a crop may help a bit, think of the rule of thirds and try crops that comply with that.

PS - The 'rule of thirds' is not a RULE, and it can be broken to good effect (by photogs better than me) but I often find that if I have an 'ordinary-lookin' photo, cropping to make the final result fit rule-of-thirds can really give it a boost.

Keep at it, you're doing great,
    - FoxT

Thanks so much for your advice, this is how I learn, to see things from a different perspective!!:) I do keep to the 'rule' of thirds, except where it just wont work or cant be applied. Great that you took the time to look at my flickr shots - the first lot of Austria were a while back with the Sony Alpha, and the rest with the current Canon 450D.....

(If I didn't have the kids with me that day - I might have thought more about my pics and settings:o)

Wil post the renewed images here, Im downloading trial version of lightroom so will mess around for a while.

• Advertisement
Advertisement