Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bring 6 month old swimming

Options
  • 19-03-2011 10:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Hi there i was just wondering does anyone know of any pools in the dublin area that are warm enough to bring a 6 month old to?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

Hoping to bring our little one in a few weeks and when I looked into it someone recommended Cheeverstown near Templeogue. They do public swims there and apparently it's warmer than a normal pool.

I also read that the little wrap wetsuits you can get are great for keeping them warm in the pool if it's not a very warm pool. You can get them on eBay cheap enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 46 xxkazxx

Thanks very much will look into that so! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

We brought our two to Cheeverstown from the age of 6 months. It's perfect for the little ones and toddlers. The 'shallow area' starts at 0 and drops ever so slightly. As previously posted, it's nice and warm which is great for infants.

It can be packed (but not overcrowded) and they do limit numbers. Sometimes you may have to go an hour beforehand and buy your ticket in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Terpsichore

We've brought our little one to the pool where we have gym memberships since he was 4 months old (after first imunisation). The pool is heated at 29c, which is fine. I guess most pools are heated to same standards, unless they focus on special care.
    I don't stay too long though, maximum 20 minutes is more than enough, and certainly only 10/15 min to start with the first times.
    A baby body suit is indeed a good thing. We got ours online with Babywarma.
    Enjoy the spashes!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Ballyman

Ring your local pool and ask them if they do Parent & Toddler swims any day if they do then the pool should be plenty warm enough.

Like mentioned above, 20 mins is plenty for a baby in the pool though as they get cold very quickly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

For anyone near Waterford,I brought my little on to Kingfisher pool and it was lovely and warm. I have been to all other pools in the area and unless your swimming you'd freeze. She stayed in for over 1 hr.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭emmiou

There is a nice warm pool at the Central Remedial Clinic in Clontarf, they have one parent& toddler swim per week but most of the public hours look like parent & toddler hours anyway!
    http://www.crc.ie/about_fac.shtml
    St Mary's Hospital in Baldoyle have a similar small warm pool, I think their parent and toddler swim is Tuesday or Wednesday. Their phone number is 01 8322194.
    The children's pool at Total Fitness Clarehall was brilliant, steps down into it, all the same depth, huge, warm water, a slide... unfortunately they are closed at the moment and I don't know when or if they will open again, so am going to the 10am Sunday swim at the CRC with my little monsters for the time being.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    For anyone near Waterford,I brought my little on to Kingfisher pool and it was lovely and warm. I have been to all other pools in the area and unless your swimming you'd freeze. She stayed in for over 1 hr.

Might give the Kingfisher a go Wmpdd3, did you have to be a member there to use the pool?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭liliq

emmiou wrote: »
    The children's pool at Total Fitness Clarehall was brilliant, steps down into it, all the same depth, huge, warm water, a slide... unfortunately they are closed at the moment and I don't know when or if they will open again, so am going to the 10am Sunday swim at the CRC with my little monsters for the time being.

Heard Total Fitness is gone into receivership, so may not open again!
    Was hoping to use the one in Sandyford myself for parent and baby swims in the not too distant future! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

sillysocks wrote: »
    Might give the Kingfisher a go Wmpdd3, did you have to be a member there to use the pool?

No, I presumed you had to be a member too and I was using Splash world because I could walk into the pool holding her but my friend recommended it.

Sunday morning is lovely out there loads of room to abandon the buggy in the changing room and then come back and snuggle her back into it.

I think it was about €10 for the 2 of us (mother and baby) but my friend paid and there's no prices on the website!

http://www.kingfisherclub.com/waterford.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭jkb_dub

have a look at www.waterbabies.ie also, great fun

Advertisement