Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

126 bus route question

Options
  • 19-03-2011 10:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭

The 126 bus route to Dublin - some buses are listed as terminating in the Dublin Docklands station - what route do they take into the city - N7 and then what?

I'm trying to get to O'Connell bridge by 7:15am.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

They all go into the city via houston train station so at worst get off there and get ther luas. You can always ask the bus driver when you get on if he's going by o'connell street.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Weyhey

lucyfur09 wrote: »
    They all go into the city via houston train station so at worst get off there and get ther luas. You can always ask the bus driver when you get on if he's going by o'connell street.

I know this is an old thread but I didn't want people to do a search for similar details and get wrong information.
    Not all 126 buses go via Heuston Station:
    Going into Dublin - A few in the morning go via Crumlin Hospital, South Circular Road and Stephens Green instead.
    Leaving Dublin City Centre - In the evening the 17.20 and 17.40 from Kildare St do the reverse route.
    The rest go via Inchicore / Heuston Station/ along the Quays.

Some of the buses won't be numbered 126 either - they can be numbered 130 which for a Bus Eireann newbie like me is very confusing.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,720 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Eh that could be because the 130 is a different route from the 126.

The 130 goes to/from Kilcullen while the 126 goes to Newbridge/Kildare.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Weyhey

lxflyer wrote: »
    Eh that could be because the 130 is a different route from the 126.

The 130 goes to/from Kilcullen while the 126 goes to Newbridge/Kildare.

Eh really. Past Naas it may go a different route but then it seems to be the same as the 126 until Dublin City Centre i.e basically it merges with a 126 from Naas onwards. The 130 timetable mentions nothing about this or about stopping at Johnstown, Kill, Blackchurch etc. As a newbie to B.E when I am standing waiting at the 126 bus stop and 130 comes along at the time I expect a 126 to and I don't get on it and no 126 turns up it is very annoying.

Also often the bus is not even a Bus Eireann bus, it can be on hire from some other company with just a Kildare sticker on the window, again very confusing for a B.E newbie or someone just using the service as a once off.

And don't get me started about their lack of information regarding stops on route or the two 126 bus stops 75 feet apart outside Ulster Bank on Georges Quay.

Advertisement