Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone trouble

Options
  • 19-03-2011 10:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭

New to this forum sorry if theres a thread for asking these types of questions not sure so i said id make a new one.

i have a htc desire hd on meteor bill pay, about a week ago i looked at the phone and i was disconnected from my network and when i tried to reconnect it said my sim wouldn't allow connection to the network. I was gonna go down to meteor with it but 2 days later the phone fixed itself, now 3 days after this the problem has reoccured. Anyone able to shed some light on whats going on with it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

How old is your sim card? I'd recommend changing your sim every 18 months. It's usually free.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

yeah the sims a fair bit older then that id say

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

I'd put money on that being your problem. They can switch your number to a new sim. Pop into a store and they'll sort you out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Mad_Mike

Go into Settings - Wireless & networks - Mobile Networks and check Network Mode
    Is it set to WCDMA only?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭SachaJ

Had the same thing happen to me on the HD with Three. I had to restart the phone.

Press the power button on top and select "Restart" from the menu that pops up. The shut down option only seems to put the phone to sleep or something. I had to actually reboot it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

similar ish thing happening to my mam at the mo. switched to meteor 3 weeks ago. iphone. had to sync to itunes with the new sim in. no probs.

bout a week ago her phone suddenly shows the sync to itunes message and no network. when connected to itunes it tells her (as it did the first time) that it is a new sim and needs to sync to complete transfer. did so.

then last nite it happened again!

Advertisement