Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pub gig recommendations.

Options
  • 19-03-2011 11:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭

If you guys were in a pub, what songs would you love to hear? My preferences lean towards Neil Young, Bob Dylan, The Beatles so these would be songs I'd personally like to hear. Then again everyone's different...

Planning on taking my guitar and my voice to some pubs this summer and want to create the best setlist possible to appeal to all audiences.. Obviously the old stuff would alienate a younger audience, so I'm looking for any and all suggestions! Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭foolelle

funny i was only thinking about then when sittin in a pub last sunday, trying to figure out what tune to request - one that everyone would enjoy. i eventually came up with Paul Simon, me a julio down by the school yard. neadless to say as its a great song, it went down a treat.

i suppose it depends on what sorta crowd the bar attracts but some artists id like to listen to when out are well...obviously all of the above but others are the eagles, mumford and sons, the band, the frames, james, christy more, u2, rem, coldplay, van morrison, ocean colour scene, tom petty, the stones, tracy chapman, paolo nutini, the travelin wilburys, the pogues, meat loaf, creedance, cat stevens, billy joel, david gray, david kitt, dire straits,

Advertisement