Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kitchen Appliences in Tralee?

Options
  • 20-03-2011 12:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭

Anyone know a good place in or around Tralee to shop around for these things?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Soundstore is a good place to start

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    Soundstore is a good place to start

Bought a fridge off them this week, haggle on the delivery price @ the very least.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Bought a fridge off them this week, haggle on the delivery price @ the very least.

did you find their prices good? we have bought a good few things off them over the past few years, and TBH we find both their prices & service a lot better than other places...including one not so far away from them!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    did you find their prices good? we have bought a good few things off them over the past few years, and TBH we find both their prices & service a lot better than other places...including one not so far away from them!

They seemed to be better than most alright. Still took them a week to deliver said fridge, but I wasn't in a huge hurry.
    I dont know how all of those shops are still trading and making money these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,074 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

I prefer to give my hard-earned cash to Soundstore rather than Harvey Norman. Kiely's used to be the first port of call for us, until they went down the crapper.

I don't know why Curry's is fighting tooth and nail to get into Manor West, considering there seems to be enough competition as it is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Bitten & Hisses

We went pricing appliances for our new house recently and bought from Tomo Burke in Castleisland, who was cheapest. Soundstore were next cheapest for the same products. I would also fall into the "anyone but Harvey Norman" camp.

We went pricing appliances for our new house recently and bought from Tomo Burke in Castleisland, who was cheapest. Soundstore were next cheapest for the same products. I would also fall into the "anyone but Harvey Norman" camp.

Was actually going to say Tomo Burke's too, just could not remember the name! My mom actually uses them a lot & I think we got my tumble dryer there (I say I think as it was a gift from my parents when we moved into our house, so I didn't actually go buy it myself!).

• Registered Users Posts: 25 zacchaeus

Good to see we have this "anyone but harvey norman" attitude.....8 years in Ireland making losses but great to see smalll local retailers holding their own against them.

Advertisement