Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The War On Libya Is A Mistake.

1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

Freddie59 wrote: »
    I'd take them ahead of Chavez, Castro, OBL & Co. Anytime.

Putting Castro and Chavez in the same bracket as Osama Bin Laden is ridiculous. Life in Venezuala and Cuba isn't a picnic by any means but they have overseen a massive amount of equality enjected into their countries and in Chavez's case was democratically elected.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,927 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Putting Castro and Chavez in the same bracket as Osama Bin Laden is ridiculous. Life in Venezuala and Cuba isn't a picnic by any means but they have overseen a massive amount of equality enjected into their countries and in Chavez's case was democratically elected.
    Isn't his point though that they aren't US backed dictators/leaders and they still manage to **** **** up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Overheal wrote: »
    Isn't his point though that they aren't US backed dictators/leaders and they still manage to **** **** up?

I think the only point he had was to try and post the opposite to whatever he thought I was saying....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

Overheal wrote: »

Oh I'm not even sure anymore :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,927 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Nodin wrote: »
    I think the only point he had was to try and post the opposite to whatever he thought I was saying....
    Oh I'm not even sure anymore :pac:
    Nodin wins

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

investment wrote: »
    I hope Russia get involved any teach America and the French a lesson

Russia and China, Against US, UK and the French

Russia for the win

Yeah, back Russia, it might help all the Irish who emigrated there , not to mention all the trade we do with Russia and China unlike the almost alien like foreigners from US, UK and France.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Metallitroll

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭Athlone_Bhoy

galwayrush wrote: »
    Yeah, back Russia, it might help all the Irish who emigrated there , not to mention all the trade we do with Russia and China unlike the almost alien like foreigners from US, UK and France.

So we should back the USA because Irish went there? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

whiskeyman wrote: »
    I'm just glad this all didn't happen when George W was in charge, otherwise Liberia would have been bombed to f**k by now...

Just for the sake of historical accuracy, GWB did send the Marines to Liberia during the Second Liberian Civil War, but it didn't result in much bombing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joint_Task_Force_Liberia

Having a US Navy battlegroup with a couple thousand Marines parked off your beachfront property tends to attract your attention.
    On August 14 2003, rebels lifted their siege of Monrovia and 200 American troops landed to support a West African peace force. Thousands of people danced and sang as American Marines and ECOMIL, the Nigerian-led West African troops, took over the port and bridges which had split the capital into government and rebel-held zones

They situation eventually came under UN control, resulting in UNMIL, which the Irish military participated in. As a result of his opposition of President Taylor, followed by sending the Marines in, GWB is rather popular in Liberia these days.

NTM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

The humanitarian crisis in Misrata may be the pretext to NATO "boots on the ground". The US have deployed unmanned predator drones for the first time in Libya, used with devasting effect on friend and foe alike in Afghanistan and Pakistan.

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

• Registered Users Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭Means Of Escape

galwayrush wrote: »
    Here we go again, US/ UK attacking poor misunderstood Gadiffi. I'm sure Israel will also be blamed before long.:rolleyes:

Care to stand by your statement 4 years later?

Advertisement