Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Major Issue HOTMAIL!!!

• 20-03-2011 1:22am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭

first off i hope this is the right page for this :)

so my email i use on hotmail has been blocked cause its been hacked but that email is everything to me facebook boards emails all contacts and i need to get it back, the only way to get it back is a email but the email i put in i just relised is a letter short. I cant change it and dunno how i need to me email back

any help is really needed

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

Is this the alternate email you're talking about? To be honest you could be running around chasing your tail with this as the person who took over your email knows a lot about you and may change everything. If I were you I'd let it go and sign up to gmail. Email your contacts saying your email is hacked and asking them to ignore any emails coming from it. Maybe contact MS directly and try to regain control of the email but even if you do I'd still abandon it as the hacker knows too much about you know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

yes alternaive email

well 1 there is flight details in there 2 that i need to get a hold of and college work 2 so i have to get it back somehow :(

so i need to change alternaivte email

but1er wrote: »
    yes alternaive email

well 1 there is flight details in there 2 that i need to get a hold of and college work 2 so i have to get it back somehow :(

so i need to change alternaivte email

Contact MS. It'll take them a while to sort this out. You'll need to know all of the details that you used to set up your account but if the new user has chnaged these then I don't know if microsoft will help you. This will not be quick and if by some miracle you regain control of it then quickly copy everything off it and use a new email account. You should also email your contacts and warn them about any dodgy emails they may get from your hacked hotmail account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

dam :( okay how do i contact ms?

cheers for the help

but1er wrote: »
    dam :( okay how do i contact ms?

cheers for the help

http://help.ninemsn.com.au/support/hotmail/account_hacked.asp

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 124 ✭✭Sempai

did you try the Forgot password link? it will reset your password using hints you used when you signed up, or if you have created the hotmail account in last couple of years and entered an alternative email address when signing up, a link will be sent to that other email address to reset the password for your hotmail account.

Advertisement