Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sunday in the Park with George

Options
  • 20-03-2011 2:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭

Are there any other Sunday fans out there? Nobody I know IRL has even heard of it. I 'obtained' a copy of the Mandy Patinkin/Bernadette Peters production, and I just think it's incredible. It's odd, but amazing. Anyone else out there??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

I've heard of it alright. Haven't actually seen it in full but I was at the Sondheim at 80 show of the Proms in the Albert Hall last summer, and they were performing extracts from this (along with Sweeney Todd, Sound of Music, Oklahoma, etc) and it seemed really good so I wouldn't mind seeing the show proper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Absolutely, have loved it for years. Saw the London production about three years ago, breathtaking!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 prosarch

Its a great show. Saw the same one on video (can get it on DVD!) If you liked that, then Into the Woods is really good as well, can get the original Bway cast with Bernadette Peters on DVD . I have a copy. Great Sondheim show.

Cheers
    Alan

I have the Sunday DVD with Bernadette Peters...got it on Amazon

Go get Into The Woods with Bernadette Peters. Fun and thoughtful show with really good songs.

Alan

• Advertisement

Have that too..I'm a Sondheim addict. Not a Bernadette Peters fan though, her voice goes through me!

I could have gone see her in A Little Night Music last year, but had seen it and wanted to see Kristen Chenowith so went to Promises Promises instead :)

Cheers

Alan

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭AndrewJD

Upon your recommendation, I got the DVD of Into the Woods. On the first pass, there were some things I liked a lot, but a whole heap of the show which I didn't much care for. I've rewatched a further two times now, I'm getting into it. To be honest though I've found it completely different to Sunday. Not different in a bad way, but (and I suppose that's Sondheims talent) you'd have no idea it was the same writer behind it. Such a different tone and approach. One thing it does have over Sunday is that it's hilarious. Some really good talent in the recorded version as well.

And I love Bernadette Peters in everything she does. I'll have nothing said against her! :D

That is the good thing with Sunday and Into the Woods, written by the same duo, they are so different. Personally I really enjoy Into the Woods maybe more than Sunday, and at times it is very silly, but in a very funny way.

Advertisement