Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Green and Blacks - now dairy free!

Options
  • 20-03-2011 3:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭

Just checked the ingredients list of several bars of Green and Blacks dark chocolate today and rather than containing milk, they now "may" contain milk. I usually see this as being purely an exercise in ass-covering as regards allergies, which means G&B is now on the menu for this vegan!

I particularly recommend the cherry one, very sweet but delicious! :D

Oh, and they're 2 for €3.75 in Tesco at the moment :cool:

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭paky

would it be worth while getting clarification on the matter?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Yes, it still very well could be that they make dairy products on the same line, so that it 'may' contain such
    I wouldn't even rate it against Divine chocolate personally.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

Yes, perhaps the levels they are detecting after cleaning have reduced enough so that they don't have to include it on the ingredient list anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

paky wrote: »
    would it be worth while getting clarification on the matter?
    I guess that depends on your personal views on the matter, or allergies obviously. I personally don't mind if products "may contain" dairy.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Green and blacks were always 'may contain dairy' I think. They said they had dairy only due to the fact that other products had dairy on the line that the bars are manufactured on. This might cause contamination

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭DonnieScribbles

They previously had milk powder listed in the ingredients of some of their dark chocolate, as well as a 'contains milk' warning.
    Wouldn't buy G&B's with any regularity because of the €3.19 price tag, but the tesco offer got me a couple of maya gold's, so cheers to Breezer for that one!
    Aldi's Moser Roth chocolate still rules though, the king of chocolate :pac:

Yes They had that, and before that they had the same 'may contain' note they have changed to now. The reason they changed was as I said, it may contain milk traces from the machines, so they put it in the ingredients list. It wasn't actually an ingredient though. Some vegans kept eating it after the change of labeling etc. I don't know why they changed back, as the only reason they changed in teh first place was that they could not guarantee the absence of dairy. Must have taken a sales hit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

I wonder if their easter eggs are vegan now, anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭flikflak

I wish they would make their mind up - as above once milk was not on the ingredients list then it was and not its not again!

I did continue to eat it as I read a reply from G+B over on vegan forums where they said nothing had changed when they included milk in the ingredients they were just covering their arses.

Stop messing around G+B. Their cherry one is lovely though!

Advertisement