Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor put pre-pay account€90 in red!

Options
  • 20-03-2011 6:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭

...as the title states,
    After a 2/3 min call from the UAE gf came home to find account balance €90 in red. Rang meteor who haven't got back to us after a week.
    the whole point of pre-pay is only to spend what you have so the blames lying on them.any ideas as to how to proceed,dont really want to change networks or no. either.
    Raging with the fact their customer service is so shockingly poor and the amount of overcharging involved.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

You normally have to top up by a minimum of €60 before roaming is activated for such countries for this very reason. Roaming calls are not billed like normal calls, meteor do not have an instant track of roaming calls made rather the network your on while roaming will bill meteor and thus the credit is not deducted in an online fashion

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

As theteal said, charges when roaming may not be deducted from your credit in real time thus when Meteor get all your call history from the roaming network they charge your account accordingly. If there is not enough credit to cover the charge you account will go into a minus.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

Do the EU roaming rules not apply here?
    http://ec.europa.eu/information_society/activities/roaming/regulation/index_en.htm

Oops of course not as it's the UAE :( Sorry

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭Dick Burns

Meteor are a robbing shower of b******s,im stuck on what i thought was a bill pay 30 per month not in the last 7/8 months since ive joined has it been under 40,im just waiting til i can buy myself out of it

meteor = poo

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Dick Burns wrote: »
    Meteor are a robbing shower of b******s,im stuck on what i thought was a bill pay 30 per month not in the last 7/8 months since ive joined has it been under 40,im just waiting til i can buy myself out of it

meteor = poo

I'm confused. Were you under the impression that by signing up to a contract for €30 a month that your bill should never be more than that regardless of usage?

Or are you being charged for something you shouldn't be?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

I think the op thought that as it's pre pay once the credit ran out the call would end. He didn't think that you could run up debt roaming on PAYG

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

meteor = poo

If u go over your limit your gonna be charged. Simple as. Every network does it. You can check your credited stuff left on mymeteor website so you wouldn't. If its not enough for your usage upgrade to the next plan.

Only 3 does a plan that once you reach your limit you can't use the service anymore till the reset period.

If u go over your limit your gonna be charged. Simple as. Every network does it. You can check your credited stuff left on mymeteor website so you wouldn't. If its not enough for your usage upgrade to the next plan.

Only 3 does a plan that once you reach your limit you can't use the service anymore till the reset period.

I understood that i wud be charged more if i over used my quota,but i was never told the following
    - for the first few weeks i wudnt have any free meteor texts or calls (which are advertised and included on the plan)
    - 2 types of charges on the bill which even if i dont use the phone for the whole month stil add up 2 over €30

Im not trying to start a boycott against meteor all im saying is i would advise people going bill pay with them as its not worth it,best idea would be to stick with topping up by €20 a month and having free meteor calls and texts or topping up by €20 a month and having free texts to any network

• Advertisement

Well not sure about your salesman but i was surely told by mine that they wouldnt kick in for a couple of days.

When i rang and check in a couple of days they re assured this. So if you would have called customer care they would have told you that.

Not sure what extra costs you got. But their not just hopping out from nowhere. So they were obviously used.

In some cases errors happen but usually customer care solves them

Well not sure about your salesman but i was surely told by mine that they wouldnt kick in for a couple of days.

When i rang and check in a couple of days they re assured this. So if you would have called customer care they would have told you that.

Not sure what extra costs you got. But their not just hopping out from nowhere. So they were obviously used.

In some cases errors happen but usually customer care solves them

Eh do you work for them or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭NeitherJohn

No he's right. I was told they'd take a few days to kick in as well when I swapped over to bill pay smart 50 from O2 pre-pay last November.

If you go over the included minutes/texts/data, and/or make calls and send texts to numbers not included in the contract, then you will get charged:confused:

Check your itemised bill I'd say!:)

I signed up for BP smart about a month ago and it all went as I was told by sales rep

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭dmn

i think they take upto a week or 5 working days to start

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

slickmcvic wrote: »
    ...as the title states,
    After a 2/3 min call from the UAE gf came home to find account balance €90 in red. Rang meteor who haven't got back to us after a week.
    the whole point of pre-pay is only to spend what you have so the blames lying on them.any ideas as to how to proceed,dont really want to change networks or no. either.
    Raging with the fact their customer service is so shockingly poor and the amount of overcharging involved.

The charges in the UAE are not applied in real-time (as an above poster pointed out this is why a deposit is asked for). Once Meteor receives the charges from the UAE based operator they then bill your a/c for the amount requested.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

I understood that i wud be charged more if i over used my quota,but i was never told the following
    - for the first few weeks i wudnt have any free meteor texts or calls (which are advertised and included on the plan)
    - 2 types of charges on the bill which even if i dont use the phone for the whole month stil add up 2 over €30

Im not trying to start a boycott against meteor all im saying is i would advise people going bill pay with them as its not worth it,best idea would be to stick with topping up by €20 a month and having free meteor calls and texts or topping up by €20 a month and having free texts to any network

You should drop over to their forums... they can help you out on this.

Advertisement