Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mini digger and driver wanted for small job

• 20-03-2011 10:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 14

I need a 2 foot deep trench dug down approx. 40 feet of grass garden. Small piece of concrete at either end to be cangoed as well. I could hire a mini digger but would prefer someone with one to come and do the job. It is to lay a water pipe from the house to the street. Finglas area.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40 dublingaa

i replace old water supplies all the time all over dublin where abouts in finglas? i could pop out have a look n give u a price?

did u get a ugb notice from dcc and have to get old lead supply replaced? i replace old supplies or run in new supplies all the time and have mini digger. where in finglas is job i could pop out have a look n give u a price

• Registered Users Posts: 14 smullo

I have a plumber that I use all the time, so it is just the digging piece I need done thanks

lookin at bout 500e

have u taught about getting a mole instead of a mini digger? a mole is what the gas company use to pull supplies under ground all thats needed is a hole either end of job at whatever depth is required , its a lot less mess than diggin up whole garden

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 smullo

500 seems extremely expensive. I can hire a digger for 100 a day. I'd say there is 2 hours work in it. So 200 quid an hour? I am looking for a price close to 100 for someone that owns a digger.

if ur lookin for the job done for 100e best of look to ye but i wouldnt be able to do the job for 100e

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 291 ✭✭cork2

500e isnt necessarily that dear. this is a water pipe so it should be back filled with stone. stone must be purchased. when the stone is in around the pipe the earth that comes out must be gotten rid of. plus who is buying the piping. the pricey depends what your getting for it.

thanks very much cork2

Advertisement