Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Family Friendly City Center Location for a Relo?

Options
  • 20-03-2011 10:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

Hi there,

We are a family of four (2 kids 4 and 7) relocating for work and are considering various places to live. We have been leaning towards a commuter town on the south seaside, such as Dun Laoghaire or even as far south as Greystones as we do like the idea of very easy seaside and mountain access.

I have posts up in these two forums, and have had some great responses.

As we have lived in urban locations in the past, the more we think about it, the more we are thinking we should also be considering parts of Dublin center.

We have been told that Ranalagh, Clonskeagh or Dundrum may fit the bill.

If anyone could offer further opinions, we would really welcome it!

As budget is a factor, we are hoping to find a decent flat for about 2500 p.m., so that might exclude some of the higher end neighborhoods I guess.

I would need easy access to the Grand Docks area.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,216 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Clontarf on the northside.
    By the sea, close to town, short bike ride or walk to grand canal docks.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭temply

Harolds Cross is a nice area & its central, loads of buses and you can walk into town in 30 minutes. Prices would be a lot cheaper than the likes of Ranelagh too

Advertisement