If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

USB Turntable

Options
  • 20-03-2011 12:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭

Hi guys,

Thinking of a USB turntable to convert some of my vinyl to MP3. Ideally, I'd like one that comes with software to separate and identify tracks. I don't have a huge collection, so don't want to spend too much, but don't want to waste money on something cheap at the same time if the quality isn't up to scratch. Any suggestions?

Vinnie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭phelixoflaherty

<Snip>

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Mod Comment:

@phelixoflaherty,

Please take a moment to read the Charter for this forum - you can find it here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055564744, particularly the following:
    # If you see a post which is looking for a quote or advice from RS, please resist the urge to offer your opinion ! Such queries are not an open invitation for posters to make suggestions etc, these queries should be left to RS to answer. If queries or requests for quotes attracted everyone's opinion, the forum would be unworkable. This is not intended to prevent the usual chat and banter which you will regularly see on the RS forum.

Thanks,

Ritz.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Vinnie.

We have had a few of the cheaper ones through our doors and I would genuinely only recommend one that I feel is a good turntable that has decent software and does a good job at converting, and playing vinyl.

It's the Denon DP200 which is priced at £179.95. We usually only stock it in the black.

Take a look and let me know what you think.

ATB

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭vinniemac

Reviews seem a bit mixed on the Denon Dave. Do you carry the Project Essential USB?

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

vinniemac wrote: »
    Reviews seem a bit mixed on the Denon Dave. Do you carry the Project Essential USB?

Vinnie,

have to say - I know that the Denon is a little plastic looking (unlike most Denon) but it's actually an excellent little deck - on the Project Essential USB, it's not one we normally carry but I could order one in for you - approx price £209ish.

Drop us a line or a post if you are interested!

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Advertisement

Hi John

Sent you a PM on this but it's not showing up in my sent messages, so I'm not sure if you received it ok. Can you let me know if you didn't get it?

Vinnie

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

vinniemac wrote: »
    Hi John

Sent you a PM on this but it's not showing up in my sent messages, so I'm not sure if you received it ok. Can you let me know if you didn't get it?

Vinnie

Vinnie,

Yep got it - just been a mental couple of daze (pun intended) so apologies for the delay getting back to you.

I have no problem doing a price match on that so just drop me a PM if you would like one, unusually we are low on stock of this item so it may take a few days to get it in for you if you would like to go ahead)

Thanks again and keep me posted if we can assist,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Thanks John - PM sent

Just a quick bump for this John. Any update?

Vinnie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.