Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Curragh Springs

Options
  • 20-03-2011 12:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Spent the day there yesterday. Fantastic fishing - lost count of the rainbows with two about 7lb and all hard fighting. Highly recommend it

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭gary29428

Martin

What methods and flies were working down there. Was there in Jan and had a good day, goin to head down in the next week or two. Place is a real lotto job, lake like that at the front door....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 MartinCowman

Hi Gary

I was doing ok on buzzers for a while but orange blobs fished down a bit really did the business. I'm not that well versed in flies yet so was working on the advice of others. For about an hour there was a bite about every 3 casts.

You're not kidding about the gaff !!

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭gary29428

Has anybody fished here lately, was thinking of heading down during the week...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭beretta firearm

i was thinking of heading down two..

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭wgsten

I was fished on Curragh Springs last week. I got there at 7pm and fished up until darkness fell. I got several good fish on a Cats whisker lure early in the evening and got many more good fish up to 8lbs weight on dry flies (14/16s) as it was getting dark. Plenty of fish rising as it got dark. Well worth a visit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 peter4sks

I'm from Kildare town. Where is this lake???

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭wgsten

Here is a link for the location : http://www.curraghsprings.com/crbst_3.html

Advertisement