Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming Posters - Critique Wanted

Options
  • 20-03-2011 12:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭

Working on a personal poster project about games that inspire me, just wanted to get some feedback/opinions on the two I've done thusfar.

Screen%20shot%202011-03-20%20at%2011.41.12.png

Screen%20shot%202011-03-20%20at%2011.41.39.png

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Third Eye

Very nice posters. I'm not a gamer so I googled 'Limbo' and your poster fits in well. The spider could be stronger to add more of that noire menace and maybe the boy could be in there too or a suggestion of him.

Keep up the good work!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭p

Some nice concepts there. Hard to critique properly since there isn't a brief, and I'm not sure what level you're at, but good stuff.

Try do more of the work before you start working on a computer. It's very easy to get sucked into just using digital techniques. For example, the Mass Effect poster would do well to have some kind of underlying texture to it.

The same with the text Limbo. You've done a good job trying something unique and interesting there, but it's still obvious you used a font as the starting point. Perhaps doing the lettering from scratch may have been a better approach. Maybe even working on paper and then scanning/photographing your stuff and continuing digitally.

Also, look at the overall composition of your pieces more. In the mass effect one for example. Draw a grey box for the image and the text, and then turn everything off. Look at the sizing of just those boxes and adjust them until they're a more pleasing, balanced composition. Then, resize your image & text accordingly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

The only thing that struck me is that the Mass Effect text seems pushed downwards a bit too much, it kind of puts the design slightly off balance in my opinion. Having said that, I really like both of them, and probably prefer the mass effect one for the illustration and palette. Good work!

Advertisement