Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photography course in Cork?

Options
  • 20-03-2011 1:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

I have a Canon camera that I really need to learn how to use properly.

Does anyone know where I could do a course specific to Canon?

TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭brainyneuron

Check out Denis Mc Sweeny website, they do photography courses, but I think Canon probably do courses specific to your camera

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

There probably ins't a specific Canon course, Canon' three model lines are very different anyway.

Basic camera operation is the same for all models from all manufacturers. All that's different is the terminology and the way the lens rotates.

Software may be a bit different and if you're taking a course be sure this is covered too.

Canon use P Tv Av M and it corresponds to Nikon's PSAM both mean Program: Shutter Priority: Aperture Priority and Manual Mode.

McSweeney is pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭scuby

did a course in McSweeneys 2/3 years ago.Have a Nikon D80. course was good. Alex was the guy from the shop that did the course. he was v good at explaining everything, and is a photographer himself

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

Curry's in Mahon Point Retail Park always have ads up about Canon specific photography courses, might be worth giving them a call.

My wife did an evening photography course in the Cork College of Commerce, she didn't think it was very good. She said the class size was too big and that you never had much time with the tutor to ask about settings specific to your camera (she too has a Canon camera).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭curly from cork

scuby wrote: »
    did a course in McSweeneys 2/3 years ago.Have a Nikon D80. course was good. Alex was the guy from the shop that did the course. he was v good at explaining everything, and is a photographer himself

Yea agree alex is great, however he is now based in London..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭reic

Do a google for institute of photography Ireland. They do regular courses for Canon cameras in College road. I was supposed to do one in February but the timing didn't suit. They do one-day courses on Saturdays.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭disco biscuit

It might be an idea to join a camera club although I am not sure if they run courses.If they don't run courses I would imagine they would be able to show you how to use the camera.

Advertisement