Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

No sound from Headphones

• 20-03-2011 1:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

Hi

Thanks to everyone for previous help on boards!

One more question, when i put in my headphones there is no sound coming through. The speakers on my laptop are working and when I put in headphones it stops the sound coming out of the speakers but no sound comes from headphones.

Any ideas?

thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

Headphone volume?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 glugger

hi Cookie1977

there are no volume controls on the headphones and the volume on the laptop is turned up. ANy other ideas?

Gg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

Do the headphones work in another device?
    Are you sure you're plugging it into the head phone socket and not the microphone or s/pdif socket?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭T-Bird

If its windows try right clicking speaker icon on bottom right hand side of status bar. There should be something like output devices. See if you can change it to headphone socket.

cookie1977 wrote: »
    Do the headphones work in another device?
    Are you sure you're plugging it into the head phone socket and not the microphone or s/pdif socket?

Cookie
    the headphones are working and they are plugged into the right socket.. so not that... thanks anyway

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Try close the programme you are using and reopen it or don't open it until the headphones are plugged in.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

If its windows try right clicking speaker icon on bottom right hand side of status bar. There should be something like output devices. See if you can change it to headphone socket.

hi Thundermuppet

thanks for your help!!

ok, so i right click and it opens a sound window with three tabs. playback devices(has one icon for speakers only), recording devices (microphone) and sounds.

Does this mean that I have no facility for headphones even though there is a jack for it?? :(

I've updated drivers but no change...

Do i just give up??:eek:

ok will plug in earphones first and then turn on laptop...

fingers crossed.

thanks

No Luck with the last suggestion.

Is it possible that my laptop hasn't been set up or has the software to link to headphones???

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Its just a chance but have you tried another set of earphones to make sure its the laptop and not the first set?

• Advertisement

they work on my ipod and another laptop so i don't think its the earphones :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

Well, don't know what OS you have but in XP you can try this . All Programs-->Accessories-->Entertainment-->Volume Control. In Options tag, click on Properties for playback devices. Tick all boxes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 389 ✭✭yomamasflavour

What model laptop is it?
    Not being cheeky, but have you checked for volume dials or buttons on the case?
    A lot of older laptops have physical ones that overide windows settings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,971 ✭✭✭teednab-el

What model laptop is it?
    Not being cheeky, but have you checked for volume dials or buttons on the case?
    A lot of older laptops have physical ones that overide windows settings.

Like my Dell :D

Advertisement