Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best place to buy new xbox in Limerick

• 20-03-2011 1:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 62 ✭✭

Hi

I'm interested in getting an xbox for my son. Does anyone know where there are any deals or offers on?

Much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭dunworth1

your best bet is to go into town and go into each of the shops that sell them
    as the deals change often between the stores

game
    argos
    gamestop
    xtravision

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 269 ✭✭joanofarc

are you looking for an xbox 360 connect?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 62 ✭✭violetanderson

Not really looking for the new one. Just a 4gb original one would do fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Not really looking for the new one. Just a 4gb original one would do fine.

well both game and gamestop sell them preowned

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 269 ✭✭joanofarc

They are €280 on amazon or there's one up on ebay for €1.99:D

• Advertisement

Thanks everyone. The one I want is this:

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/9271665/Trail/searchtext%3EXBOX+CONSOLE.htm

Its for a 7yr old boy. He won't be doing any of the online stuff. (Not if I can help it). The console itself I havn't seen in the shops for less that €189 (pcworld & currys).

I was just wondering if anyone was selling the console with a free extra controller or game or whatever.

Gamestop are selling them €220 with a game to the value of about €50 but the game I want for my son is only €17 odd to buy anyway (Lego Batman).

I also saw this deal that I think looks good. Anyone have much experience of this website?

http://www.gamesbasement.co.uk/consoles/bundles/xbox-360-arcade-console-pure-lego-batman-extra-wireless-controller-PD-3815.html

Edit: If I don't want the online stuff is there another (probably older) model I should be looking at?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Thanks everyone. The one I want is this:

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/9271665/Trail/searchtext%3EXBOX+CONSOLE.htm

Its for a 7yr old boy. He won't be doing any of the online stuff. (Not if I can help it). The console itself I havn't seen in the shops for less that €189 (pcworld & currys).

I was just wondering if anyone was selling the console with a free extra controller or game or whatever.

Gamestop are selling them €220 with a game to the value of about €50 but the game I want for my son is only €17 odd to buy anyway (Lego Batman).

I also saw this deal that I think looks good. Anyone have much experience of this website?

http://www.gamesbasement.co.uk/consoles/bundles/xbox-360-arcade-console-pure-lego-batman-extra-wireless-controller-PD-3815.html

Edit: If I don't want the online stuff is there another (probably older) model I should be looking at?

Hi, if you are looking to buy a console from someone on boards, you can place an ad on adverts.ie. Buying and selling of items should not really be discussed here. If it is for a 7-year-old, I am certain you can find a good deal on a second-hand console there.

I'm not looking to buy a console from someone on boards.

When I asked if 'anyone' was selling I was referring to the shops.

As stated I'm looking for a new console at the best price - bundle deals etc.

Thanks

Advertisement