Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Elinchrom D-Lite 4 IT

• 20-03-2011 1:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭

Has anyone used these lights? I'm considering putting together a small studio for hobbyist use.

The reviews on line seem good, but suppliers to Ireland are limited.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 837 ✭✭✭xshayx

Have the earlier version of the D-4's, love it, plenty powerful, really well built

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

I use the D-lite 4's too and find them excellent, shouldnt be a problem getting them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

They're tiny, two small cases and you have two lights, stands and softboxes/heads. Saves the backache of carrying around the 3000W's with genny.

I don't find the IR trigger very reliable, they're not great for producing any big light and I would be wary of them taking any drops or falls.

I think just about every large camera store in the country stocks the kits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Pete67

I have these lights, very happy with them so far. Actually thinking of getting another couple for lighting backgrounds etc. Plenty of power for a home studio in my experience anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 837 ✭✭✭xshayx

Fior triggering them never any prob with the Prolinca Infra Red, even from another room!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 335 ✭✭ValueInIreland

Fajitas! wrote: »
    They're tiny, two small cases and you have two lights, stands and softboxes/heads. Saves the backache of carrying around the 3000W's with genny.

I don't find the IR trigger very reliable, they're not great for producing any big light and I would be wary of them taking any drops or falls.

No Need for an IR trigger- the "IT" Intelligent Triggering) kits are supplied with a four channel radio radio remote.

Ps, The following Definately sell them: Bermingham Cameras, Gunns, Conns, Barker Photographic (Cork), Whelan Cameras (Limerick), Camera Centre and Dublin camera Exchange.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

No Need for an IR trigger- the "IT" Intelligent Triggering) kits are supplied with a four channel radio radio remote.
    Ah, I'd assumed it was IR. In that case, I don't find the radio trigger to be very reliable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭Fionn

got three of them - good value, i've had problems with one of the heads adjusting screws - not very hard wearing i guess, it's only one that seems to be effected but overall very good at the price point they're at!!
    happy enough with them.

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,026 ✭✭✭kelly1

Yeah, a third light is nearly a must. I'm saving... :)

Advertisement