Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should Laois be renamed Queen's County for the Queen's Visit?

Options
  • 20-03-2011 2:09pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭

.....no seriously. Rename Laois to Queen's County, and Portlaoise to Maryborough for the Queen's visit. Maybe she'll come down and visit? Do good for tourism.

Rename Laois/Portlaoise to Queen's County/Maryborough? 50 votes

Yes, jolly good!
    2% 1 vote
    Absolutely no chance
    28% 14 votes
    Don't care
    66% 33 votes
    Atari Jaguar
    4% 2 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭MickShamrock

No way!

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Bicky

This is a piss take? Surely?

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭madred006

would we need clearance from the imf:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭adser53

On your bike!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Won't somebody think of the children rich seam of cultural history waiting to be exploited.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 41,592 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

this has to be a wind up!!!

the majorty of the country do not give a toss about the queens visit..
    do you really want to get them out in opposition to it???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Bodhan

if you truly want to oppose the Queen's visit then you will leave the streets empty on the day when She's out and about.
    Can you imagine the reaction of the news folk if there was no one around when the Queen walks in the street.
    No I don't think it should be renamed anything, and i don't care if the Queen comes or goes, just the same as I don't care if anyone comes to the country.
    Now a new or fancy car coming, that's a whole different matter :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

Augmerson wrote: »
    .....no seriously. Rename Laois to Queen's County, and Portlaoise to Maryborough for the Queen's visit. Maybe she'll come down and visit? Do good for tourism.

I'll refer to it as Maryborough (once, mind) if you dress up as a transvestite Leprechaun and post the pictures here and send a press pack to RTE, TV3, Sky News and BBC. They'd love an Irish chap like you for the archives.

Also, why don't you re-name your house and paint it appropriately for the Queen's visit? You should, you know? You will receive much love and affection in the shadows of Fort Protector, my child.

We could also re-name Moneygall as Obamaville and while I think of it, Dublin as Kylie's backside, because, let's face it, she's coming there this week and she's a hell of a lot fancier than any of the Royals, past, present or future.

You should start a campaign to have Liverpool renamed Everton Athletic. You are a thought-leader and people will stop and listen to you, my friend.

An Ri rua wrote: »
    I'll refer to it as Maryborough (once, mind) if you dress up as a transvestite Leprechaun and post the pictures here and send a press pack to RTE, TV3, Sky News and BBC. They'd love an Irish chap like you for the archives.

Also, why don't you re-name your house and paint it appropriately for the Queen's visit? You should, you know? You will receive much love and affection in the shadows of Fort Protector, my child.

We could also re-name Moneygall as Obamaville and while I think of it, Dublin as Kylie's backside, because, let's face it, she's coming there this week and she's a hell of a lot fancier than any of the Royals, past, present or future.

You should start a campaign to have Liverpool renamed Everton Athletic. You are a thought-leader and people will stop and listen to you, my friend.

It was a joke man. I do sense that you are joking too though, but just making sure we are on the same level.

Augmerson wrote: »
    It was a joke man.

Ah sure I know! How could anyone be serious and say something so ....? But you really got me thinking about whole ecumenical love-in shebang, and I do think you should pursue the Everton Athletic thing! It could reverse Liverpool's fortunes.

• Advertisement

Ah sure I know! How could anyone be serious and say something so ....? But you really got me thinking about whole ecumenical love-in shebang, and I do think you should pursue the Everton Athletic thing! It could reverse Liverpool's fortunes.

Ah sure Andy BFG Carroll will start banging in goals any day now.

Oh! Augmerson, naughty naughty!

"I do sense that you are joking too though, but just making sure we are on the same level." You added that at 13:45 which adds to my personal conspiracy that you were initially kite-flying and not joking :o

A low blood sugar lunchtime moment, methinks. Níl aon tinteán mar do thinteán féin. Never mind the Sasanachs ;)

Oh! Augmerson, naughty naughty!

"I do sense that you are joking too though, but just making sure we are on the same level." You added that at 13:45 which adds to my personal conspiracy that you were initially kite-flying and not joking :o

A low blood sugar lunchtime moment, methinks. Níl aon tinteán mar do thinteán féin. Never mind the Sasanachs ;)

Ah no, I thought just putting up "It's a joke man" would sound a little sour *Sips Tea with pinkie finger extended*

• Registered Users Posts: 12 decriain

I started a petition to get this going!

http://www.petitions.ie/KingsCoQueensCo/

decriain wrote: »
    I started a petition to get this going!

http://www.petitions.ie/KingsCoQueensCo/

A joke's a joke. You're attitude is very sad, my friend.

Advertisement