Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hilltop Hotel Youghal

Options
  • 20-03-2011 3:03pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 536 ✭✭✭

I worked in the Hilltop Hotel in Youghal in the 1970s and I am wondering if this hotel still operates.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭reic

It was abandoned years ago. Just a shell now I think, if it's still standing. My wife worked there as a waitress in the 70's too. They built houses on most of the land.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,599 ✭✭✭eigrod

Had some wild nights in the nightclub there (GiGis) in the 80s.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭confusticated

Yup, it's still standing but all boarded up. The caravan park attached is still open though. Hotel started to go downhill around the time they built loads of little houses on the green area in front of it, although at least now it means Hilltop's not an eyesore visible from the main road.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Clareboy

reic wrote: »
    It was abandoned years ago. Just a shell now I think, if it's still standing. My wife worked there as a waitress in the 70's too. They built houses on most of the land.

Thanks for the info. Ask your wife if she remembers Felton Smyth who ran the hotel in the mid 70s.

Advertisement