Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rip Off UCI

Options
  • 20-03-2011 3:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭

Just decided to go to the movies in the middle of the afternoon, We live near UCI Coolock & I jumped online to book tickets for the afternoon show today.

A whopping €11.50 each (two people) plus €1.74 booking fee.

Decided to check Movies@ Swords €7 each plus €1 booking fee.

We actually have to drive past UCI to get to Swords & it's a 12km round trip Vs a 4km one, but for now on, there's no way I'm going to UCI. Disgraceful pricing.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

The €11.50 is for premier seating. There are lower rates available but their booking engine defaults to the premier. You then need to select standard seating to get to the lower rates.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

Deleted - response to a post that has now been removed.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Twigster

I think 11.50 is the price for a 3d movie and then they have the cheek to charge for the glasses on top of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭bcirl03

Similar rip off with Vue in Liffey Valley - I bring the kids to Dundrum now rather go to Vue, costs me less than half the price and service is way better.

Advertisement