Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rangers v Celtic CIS Cup FInal

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

lucky to get away with that. . .both the hand and the shoddy defending

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

theteal wrote: »
    lucky to get away with that. . .both the hand and the shoddy defending

I didn't see his arm or hand going towards the ball tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

Rangers looking the more dangerous team at the moment

Nice flick from the ref :)

I guess, the ref won't give a penalty on either side ;)

As if 7 games were not enough, now an extra 30 minutes and maybe penalties

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

Lars1916 wrote: »
    I didn't see his arm or hand going towards the ball tbh

You might want to watch it again.

What a game, i'm a bag of nerves here. Celtic definetly finishing stronger, and losing Bougherra is obviously a blow, we'll see how Whittaker holds out in there.

Another half hour.........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

After all the talk I've heard from Celtic fans lately about how bad this Rangers side are, I'd imagine they'll be fairly embarrassed if they can't win this.

Amazing save :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

That's just a world class astonishing save.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,397 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Supposed to be sh*te no? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Shocking defending Rangers made that look easy.....

That was the bloody pitch now. Crap :mad:

It will be a long way back now for the Bhoys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Celtic fans favourite player on now to cap off a magical victory for Rangers.

That was the bloody pitch now. Crap

Defo not the pitch, just showed the replay. Just the spin on the ball that put it in.

• Advertisement

Great challenge from Whittaker, he has played well since filling in in central defence

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    Defo not the pitch, just showed the replay. Just the spin on the ball that put it in.

Pitch...spin on the ball...never mind, nobody deserves to loose after such a dodgy goal :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Celtic really are so poor. Rangers aren't much better either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,622 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Pitch...spin on the ball...never mind, nobody deserves to loose after such a dodgy goal :(
    You do when its down to dodgy defending.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Ebbs

Eh...

We wanted to urm...focus on the league anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

LOL Celtic tbh. Useless.

Ebbs wrote: »
    Eh...

We wanted to urm...focus on the league anyway.

Ah well, let them be happy with that Fizzy Drink Cup, we are still on course to win the league :p

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Congrats Rangers, better side won.

Was very disappointed in Celtic, didn't have the desire to win today. Couldn't get on the end of anything, never seemed to get out of first gear. Thought we really missed Dan today - games like that is when you need your best CB on the park.

Ah well, onwards and upwards. Scottish Cup and League now please bhoys!

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭dublincelt

Well done Rangers. Pains me to say it but they where far superior in every department today.

The pendulum has swung back across the city and it will be interesting to see how this inexperiencied Celtic side can handle the pressure.

Still hope Lenny can do it.

Hail Hail

YES! :D

A great game that could have went either way, well done to all of the players involved.
    A massive win for Rangers, the psychological factor is a big, big thing when it comes to the Old Firm and while i dont think that today swings it in our direction, i definetly think it evens it out a little.

Paulo, ADIG, Dempsey, Lars and the others, hard lines - as i say, that game could have went either way.

However i want to pick up on one poster, and one post from today.
    celtic723 wrote: »

PS: In all honesty i'd be more worried if we were playing Dundee United in the final. At least they play football.
    Where are you now Celtic 723? Where are you?

GET IT RIGHT ****ING UP YE!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

haha LOL AT CELTIC

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

celtic723 wrote: »
    I said i'm not worried about the game.

Do you have reading difficulties?

Why would i be worried about the game?

One team plays football the other kicks players around the park and sand dances.

PS: In all honesty i'd be more worried if we were playing Dundee United in the final. At least they play football.

Nope don't have reading difficulties but the pills had kicked in so thats my reason

hhhmmm so much for kicking players and sand dancing

Nope don't have reading difficulties but the pills had kicked in so thats my reason

hhhmmm so much for kicking players and sand dancing

Where is he? He seems to make such a big deal when i'm not around.

I miss him. :(

You only won because the uneven surface and fierce winds blew the ball over the line :mad::mad::mad:.

:pac:

celtic723, don't you feel silly now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,073 ✭✭✭✭event

only saw a few minutes of this but did anyone else think the red was harsh?

like he knew what he was doing, it was a blatant body check, but he was in his own half and its not like it was a clear goal scoring opportunity

thought a yellow would have been enough tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

event wrote: »

like he knew what he was doing, it was a blatant body check, but he was in his own half and its not like it was a clear goal scoring opportunity

The Celtic goalkeeper was still miles away from getting back to his goal after being up for the corner if Wiess had got away theres every chance it would have been a goal

Forster was still in and around the Rangers penalty area, it was harsh in the grand scheme of things, but if Weiss had passed him he had a goalscoring opportunity.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

It was very blatant though, absolutely right decision for Izzy though as there could have been another goal for Rangers if he hadn't. Looked to me like he ended up hurting himself when he did it, hopefully it's not as bad as it seemed. No arguments from me on the red tbh.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

well done to rangers, a thoroughly deserved win, they showed great character to win that after being robbed against psv and being outclassed by celtic in recent matches

poor display by celtic, they were outnumbered in midfield and had an unsteady central defense, all rangers did was press in the middle to suffocate celtic there and play long balls for jelavic to chase and it worked a treat - poor tactically from lennon and a poor pitch but they'll learn from this

to be honest the league cup is no big deal and both sides will still have their eye on the league prize, it'll come down to the ibrox match and let's hope it's decided by who is the better side on the day rather than any refereeing controversy

rangers deserved it today, fair play to them, strangely I don't really feel bad about that defeat, it was deserved and it was in a competition i don't really care about it but it's always nice to win an old firm cup final and rangers have every right to be delighted about that especially after recent results

after seeing a pic of diouf with the cup in another thread though i still sense a little bit of an inferiority complex coming from some rangers fans and a desire to rub celtic's nose in it more so than celebrate their own clubs feats which is disappointing, not very classy but not very surprising but as i said it does speak volumes for the mentality of some, i mean why highlight a man whose only contribution was to come on and dive to get booked, is it more important to wind up celtic fans than celebrate your own well-deserved hard-fought victory and what does that say about you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,073 ✭✭✭✭event

The Celtic goalkeeper was still miles away from getting back to his goal after being up for the corner if Wiess had got away theres every chance it would have been a goal
    Eirebear wrote: »
    Forster was still in and around the Rangers penalty area, it was harsh in the grand scheme of things, but if Weiss had passed him he had a goalscoring opportunity.

ah, i was only half watching it, didnt know the keeper was up. that does make a difference

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Brewster

Well done Rangers, good victory and well deserved. Had fully expected a Celtic win, but Celtic didn't turn up. Hooper and Samaras were awful. I hope Samaras will not revert to type now that he has his new contract. To be fair to Rangers I thought Davis and Jelavic were immense. I have heard my mate talk alot about Jelavic but I think it is only the 2nd time I have seen him play and I was well impressed. The Celtic defenders were rag dolled all day long by him and he deserved the bit of luck he got for his goal. I thought with Miller leaving Rangers, Celtic would coast to the league title. With today's result, I guess Rangers have a chance again as they will take some belief from this. Ref had a great game, he should have sent off Mulgrew for a professional foul but other than that he got everything spot on. Important to praise refs as some of the criticism they have taken this year has been unacceptable.

donfers wrote: »

after seeing a pic of diouf with the cup in another thread though i still sense a little bit of an inferiority complex coming from some rangers fans and a desire to rub celtic's nose in it more so than celebrate their own clubs feats which is disappointing, not very classy but not very surprising but as i said it does speak volumes for the mentality of some, i mean why highlight a man whose only contribution was to come on and dive to get booked, is it more important to wind up celtic fans than celebrate your own well-deserved hard-fought victory and what does that say about you?

PMSL at this bit to be honest, absolutely brilliant.

Have a read through that "Other thread" you speak of, and figure out how many posts in it are actually from Celtic fans at the wind up.
    At least i stuck to my own teams thread eh?

Inferiority complex? Not a chance buddy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭WallyGUFC

Poor match, better team won. Jeez Samaras was useless!!:D

YES! :D

A great game that could have went either way, well done to all of the players involved.
    A massive win for Rangers, the psychological factor is a big, big thing when it comes to the Old Firm and while i dont think that today swings it in our direction, i definetly think it evens it out a little.

Paulo, ADIG, Dempsey, Lars and the others, hard lines - as i say, that game could have went either way.

However i want to pick up on one poster, and one post from today.

Where are you now Celtic 723? Where are you?

GET IT RIGHT ****ING UP YE!

Ah well. I'm a hard liner? Maybe, but still I admitted, the first goal was the goalie's blunder, I didn't blame the pitch for that ;)

And in a German community I'm much worse, because you can call the opponent names to a certain extent, even 'H***' is allowed :pac:

• Advertisement

Ah well. I'm a hard liner? Maybe, but still I admitted, the first goal was the goalie's blunder, I didn't blame the pitch for that ;)

And in a German community I'm much worse, because you can call the opponent names to a certain extent, even 'H***' is allowed :pac:

lol, by "Hard lines" i mean unlucky, things didnt go your way etc. Not that your a "Hardliner"! :D

lol, by "Hard lines" i mean unlucky, things didnt go your way etc. Not that your a "Hardliner"! :D

I see :D

But unlucky? Don't know, if that's all. The over all performance was miles away from what I expected. I was even too disappointed to go onto the usual rant in Germany ;)

I see :D

But unlucky? Don't know, if that's all. The over all performance was miles away from what I expected. I was even too disappointed to go onto the usual rant in Germany ;)

The performance wasnt the same because we didnt sit back and let you play, like we have so far this season.

Celtic were unlucky though, both teams were evenly matched imo and it took one break to make the difference.

The performance wasnt the same because we didnt sit back and let you play, like we have so far this season.

Celtic were unlucky though, both teams were evenly matched imo and it took one break to make the difference.

And the performance was poor, because Celtic somehow underestimated Rangers imo ;)

Should have gone to penalty shootout :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

PMSL at this bit to be honest, absolutely brilliant.

Have a read through that "Other thread" you speak of, and figure out how many posts in it are actually from Celtic fans at the wind up.
    At least i stuck to my own teams thread eh?

Inferiority complex? Not a chance buddy.

PMSL at this lad going on about sticking to his own teams thread

donfers wrote: »
    PMSL at this lad going on about sticking to his own teams thread

I go in and have a chat with the Celtic lads, nothing wrong with that is there? Its not very often you'll find me going in there with a deliberate attempt at a wind up.

Since the Rangers thread started it has been a constant barrage of petty attempts at a wind up from celtic fans - yet you see fit to complain about a Rangers fan, posting a picture of a Rangers player, in the Rangers thread.

Your logic does not compute.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

The Rangers out fought and showed more heart and desire. Jelavic was fantastic and celtic could not live with it.

KeithAFC wrote: »
    The Rangers out fought and showed more heart and desire. Jelavic was fantastic and celtic could not live with it.

I might agree with the first part, but the second part? Don't know...his goal was quite lucky and that blatant attempt to get the penalty?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

I might agree with the first part, but the second part? Don't know...his goal was quite lucky and that blatant attempt to get the penalty?
    Ran the whole celtic back 4 all over the place with the ball being played into that area. Walter obviously changed the way of playing to the recent games and Jelavic had a much better game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,328 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Just after seeing the highlights on a BBC news bulletin,

The reporter stated that replays were inconclusive! :D

That was some spin on the ball to take it in all the same, lucky as you say!

Just after seeing the highlights on a BBC news bulletin,

The reporter stated that replays were inconclusive! :D

That was some spin on the ball to take it in all the same, lucky as you say!

There was definite contact on his knee, but he made a meal of it.

Would have been soft imo - the real call was the handball incident in the 2nd half for me.

• Advertisement
Advertisement