Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rangers v Celtic CIS Cup FInal

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

KeithAFC wrote: »
    Ran the whole celtic back 4 all over the place with the ball being played into that area. Walter obviously changed the way of playing to the recent games and Jelavic had a much better game.

A striker can only be as good as the opponent's defense lets him...and Celtic had not a good day. So everything is relative ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,328 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Eirebear wrote: »
    There was definite contact on his knee, but he made a meal of it.

Would have been soft imo - the real call was the handball incident in the 2nd half for me.

I didn't see any other incidents, just saw a quick highlight thing there on a bbc news thing,

I saw the contact on the knee, and the meal made of it - I know what my decision would have been - but was laughing at how the guy on the BBC decided to keep quiet on the incident saying the replays were inconclusive, when clearly they were not :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Brewster

Lars1916 wrote: »
    A striker can only be as good as the opponent's defense lets him...and Celtic had not a good day. So everything is relative ;)

Celtic clearly missed the aeriel ability of Big Dan.. Everytime the ball was played upto Jelavic he won the ball against both Rogne and Mulgrew. Rogne was lucky not to be booked for persistent fouling on big Jelavic. I don't know whether he was injured or whether Lenny just decided to end Rogne's miserable afternoon when he brought Loovens on. Perhaps the thinking was that Loovens would cope with the physical battle better. Hard to know...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

Brewster wrote: »
    Celtic clearly missed the aeriel ability of Big Dan.. Everytime the ball was played upto Jelavic he won the ball against both Rogne and Mulgrew. Rogne was lucky not to be booked for persistent fouling on big Jelavic. I don't know whether he was injured or whether Lenny just decided to end Rogne's miserable afternoon when he brought Loovens on. Perhaps the thinking was that Loovens would cope with the physical battle better. Hard to know...
    I'm normally a big critic of the guy, but Lafferty won a huge percentage of headers in and around the Celtic penalty are today, and worked well getting knockdowns towards jelavic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Brewster wrote: »

Rogne had a miserable day, that's right. But for me the key moment was Scott Brown leaving the pitch. Don't really know why, it's this 'what shall we do now without our skipper' effect :(

Advertisement