Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heat press

Options
  • 20-03-2011 4:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi im thinking of buying a heat press to print t shirts mugs mouse mats ect as a home business i dont have any expertise in the area im just looking for some advice on what would be a good machine to start with and the best place to aquire tshirts inks ect?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 benryan

Hey,
    Just wondering if you got that heat press. Maybe you can give me a bit of advice or point me in the right direction. It's something I was thinking about myself.
    Thanks
    scrotty wrote: »
    Hi im thinking of buying a heat press to print t shirts mugs mouse mats ect as a home business i dont have any expertise in the area im just looking for some advice on what would be a good machine to start with and the best place to aquire tshirts inks ect?

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭theshamu

Few heat presses for sale on done deal but you can actually get the same press on eBay for about 200/300 less and brand new.

Thinking about going into this Market myself, I'm in the printing business at the moment (litho) and it's dead. Seems to be a lot of people running this sort of business o(t shirt printing etc.) n small-medium scale so your going to have to be different and stick out from the rest in my opinion. I have a few ideas myself that am fairly confident would work but just trying to see if its actually worth the time and money :cool:

Best of luck and let us know how you get on!

Yeah, I saw the ones on Ebay, also looking at a company in UK called Love Cut, offering no VAT and free delivery. I'm a photographer, so was just planning to start with a Mug press to see how I get on. My one sticking point is the printing... You need a dedicated printer with sublimation ink.... seems very hard to source and quite expensive... I'll have my mind made up in the next few days as to what I'm going to do....

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭theshamu

benryan wrote: »
    Yeah, I saw the ones on Ebay, also looking at a company in UK called Love Cut, offering no VAT and free delivery. I'm a photographer, so was just planning to start with a Mug press to see how I get on. My one sticking point is the printing... You need a dedicated printer with sublimation ink.... seems very hard to source and quite expensive... I'll have my mind made up in the next few days as to what I'm going to do....

Yeah would be a great add on to your business. You can buy those printers on eBay but as you know there pricey enough. Nice addition to your business tho and best of luck with your decision....

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭narkymarky

Afternoon,

Have you had a look at a company called the magic touch? I've seen them at a few print exhibitions both north and south over the past few years. Seem to supply hardware and consumables - know of a couple of customers who've bought equipment off them and have no complaints.

Regards,
    Mark

• Advertisement

Yeah, I've been looking at The Magic Touch, I was planning to buy a printer and some printable stuff from them, their postage costs are quite high though.
    narkymarky wrote: »
    Afternoon,

Have you had a look at a company called the magic touch? I've seen them at a few print exhibitions both north and south over the past few years. Seem to supply hardware and consumables - know of a couple of customers who've bought equipment off them and have no complaints.

Regards,
    Mark

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 bobbymoore1

Hi, can anyone help me with advice, I'm looking for a heat for printing numbers and names onto jerseys. What type of printer would I need?

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Valdez

Have any of you guys done this. I have a heat press and a3 sublimation printer. I also got two xerox printers for digital printing. Was looking for anyone whos intrested that wants to build a good brand or hub. Everywhere I post, no one is intrested. I got digital machines and wide format. Im just lacking some finish equipment. Im looking to partner with another graphic designer or anyone that has good experience in print.

Hi, can anyone help me with advice, I'm looking for a heat for printing numbers and names onto jerseys. What type of printer would I need?
    Hey Bobby,
    If you're just pressing numbers on to football shirts then you will not need a printer. You will though need to buy the individual numbers separately and then press them under your heat press. The printer is only required if you want to press onto mugs, t shirts, caps, etc. hope this helps.

Valdez wrote: »
    Have any of you guys done this. I have a heat press and a3 sublimation printer. I also got two xerox printers for digital printing. Was looking for anyone whos intrested that wants to build a good brand or hub. Everywhere I post, no one is intrested. I got digital machines and wide format. Im just lacking some finish equipment. Im looking to partner with another graphic designer or anyone that has good experience in print.

Yeah, I got my heat press and an A4 printer, it's small but it's fine for what I need. Sadly it's become too cheap for people to have these things made online, which is probably the reason you're not getting much return.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37 bobbymoore1

Thanks benryan. Much appreciated.

Advertisement