Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

getting subsidised phone in the middle of contract [Meteor]

Options
  • 20-03-2011 4:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭

Quick question - does the ability to avail of a subsidised phone immediately expire after you sign up even if you don't get one right away? I'm asking as my girlfriend signed up to meteor billpay a few months ago but decided not to buy a phone at the time. Does the fact that she didn't buy one at the time of signing up now mean she has to wait until the end of her contract to avail of a subsidised phone?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

I'd say she signed up to Billpay Lite, which does not come with a phone or a minimum term. If she wants to now get a phone all she has to do is switch over to a plan that comes with a phone and she'll then get the phone at the subsidised price.

If she's looking for a smart phone, she'd probably be better off waiting for another month or two. Lot of handsets due to be announced shortly so the prices on current models may drop or she could see a nicer phone she'd like instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭choronzonix

Thanks for the reply! She's actually on Billpay Smart 50€ so I'm pretty sure she would have been entitled to a phone. I'm just wondering if she can still avail of it if she didn't at the start?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

I didn't think they let you choose a phone plan without choosing a phone! :eek:
    Your best bet is probably to ring them in this case.

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭talkin

bill pay smart lite 50 is just a sim deal

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭choronzonix

You might be right talkin. I'm gonna get her to ring them and will report back.

• Advertisement
Advertisement