Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Toshiba XP Missing drivers

• 20-03-2011 4:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hi I was wondering if anyone could help. From what I've read over the net this is a common problem. I recently downgraded from Vista to XP and now all my SM Bus controllers and VGA controllers are gone. I've downloaded many different graphic & chipset drivers for my specific hardware but they keep saying setup can't recognise hardware blah blah blah. my specs are:

Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Professional

OS Service Pack Service Pack 3

DirectX 4.09.00.0904 (DirectX 9.0c)

Computer Name CAMROC-08B94F0C

User Name Cormac Molloy

Motherboard:

CPU Type Mobile Intel Celeron M, 1866 MHz (14 x 133)

Motherboard Name TOSHIBA Satellite L30

Motherboard Chipset Unknown

System Memory 448 MB

BIOS Type Phoenix (03/05/07)

Display:

Video Adapter ATI Radeon Xpress 200M (RC410M)

3D Accelerator ATI Radeon Xpress 200M (RC410M)

Multimedia:

Audio Adapter ATI SB450 - High Definition Audio Controller

Storage:

IDE Controller AMD PCI IDE Controller

IDE Controller Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller

Disk Drive TOSHIBA MK8037GSX (74 GB, IDE)

Optical Drive MAT****A DVD-RAM UJ-850S

SMART Hard Disks Status OK

Partitions:

C: (NTFS) 74818 MB (67075 MB free)

Input:

Keyboard Standard 101/102-Key or Microsoft Natural PS/2 Keyboard

Mouse Synaptics PS/2 Port TouchPad

Network:

Network Adapter Atheros AR5005G Wireless Network Adapter (192.168.1.11)

Network Adapter Realtek RTL8139/810x Family Fast Ethernet NIC

Modem TOSHIBA Software Modem

Peripherals:

Printer Microsoft XPS Document Writer

USB1 Controller ATI SB450 - USB Controller

USB1 Controller ATI SB450 - USB Controller

USB2 Controller ATI SB450 - USB 2.0 Controller

Battery Microsoft AC Adapter

Battery Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery

I'D REALLY APPRECIATE ANYONE WHO CAN CONTRIBUTE! THANKS :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭dbentham

Visit http://www.toshiba-tro.de and then click on 'driver downloads'

Hope this helps :)

EDIT: The L30 model can be found under the 'Archive' Product Type, rather than under 'Notebooks'.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 camroc84

And what would the driver type be? Sorry to be such a 'noob'! :/

VGA Controller issue should be solved by installing the ATI driver package found at 'Display Drivers' on the above website.

Regarding the SM Bus (chipset) driver, try deleting the one that is already in Device Manager (if there is one.. and even then ONLY if it has a problem depicted by the yellow (!) symbol). Then restart and see if it is found correctly.

Yea ive tried all of what you said. When i try to install the display driver downloaded from Toshiba, it says " SETUP cannot proceed because the length of the specified directory path plus the installation folder name exceeds 95 characters.
    Please shorten one or both below the specified limit, and try again"

And as for the SM bus controller the option of deleting & restarting doesn't seem to work. :/

Download the ATI driver and then move it to a folder near the top of the C: drive - eg C:\display then run it from there.

Perhaps you could post a JPG image / snapshot of your Device Manager showing the issue(s) that you have. Do this by pressing Alt & PrintScreen together, pasting into MS Paint (found under Accessories Menu in XP) and saving as a JPG. Then use the paper-clip symbol when replying to this post to browse and attach same.

• Advertisement

Ok dude moving the driver to C: did the job both the SM Bus and VGA are fixed, job done :) Many many thanks sir/madam!!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 900 ✭✭✭superfish

hi guys Ive recently installed a copy of windows 7 home premium I lost a substantial amount of drivers including my wi fi (what a pain that was lol) ive all them replaced but 1, the ethernet controller I cant find the bloody thing anywhere Ive tried driver fetch and no luck im using a toshiba nb500 1.6ghz atom, 1gb ram, 250gb mem, if anyone could post a link to the driver I need that would be great as need to get this netbook conected to my home network

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

superfish wrote: »
    hi guys Ive recently installed a copy of windows 7 home premium I lost a substantial amount of drivers including my wi fi (what a pain that was lol) ive all them replaced but 1, the ethernet controller I cant find the bloody thing anywhere Ive tried driver fetch and no luck im using a toshiba nb500 1.6ghz atom, 1gb ram, 250gb mem, if anyone could post a link to the driver I need that would be great as need to get this netbook conected to my home network

Try this:
    http://cdgenp01.csd.toshiba.com/content/support/downloads/tc40134500c.exe

I misread which one you had problem with, being the ethernet, try realtek (linked above)

Nick

yoyo wrote: »
    Try this:
    http://cdgenp01.csd.toshiba.com/content/support/downloads/tc40134500c.exe

I misread which one you had problem with, being the ethernet, try realtek (linked above)

Nick

yoyo I could fecking kiss you ha ha that worked great another small problem im having is the intel (r) graphics media accelerator 3150 keeps crashing basically when the netbook wakes up from sleep mode the screen comes on then gos blank and comes back on with a message saying something like Display driver stopped responding and has recovered

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

superfish wrote: »
    yoyo I could fecking kiss you ha ha that worked great another small problem im having is the intel (r) graphics media accelerator 3150 keeps crashing basically when the netbook wakes up from sleep mode the screen comes on then gos blank and comes back on with a message saying something like Display driver stopped responding and has recovered

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=19494&ProdId=3235&lang=eng

Try this driver

Nick

• Advertisement

yet again worked like a charm thanks a mil yoyo :D

Advertisement