Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paysafecard in Lord of the Rings Online?

Options
  • 20-03-2011 4:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭

Hey folks!

I read on several pages that Lord of the Rings Online is now accepting paysafecard but when I try to pay for points in the game it doesn't show up as a payment option??
    Do you know where I can find the right option?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Jimbob 83

kickarykee wrote: »
    Hey folks!

I read on several pages that Lord of the Rings Online is now accepting paysafecard but when I try to pay for points in the game it doesn't show up as a payment option??
    Do you know where I can find the right option?

Thanks in advance!

Is that like 3v ? If so just enter details as you would with a normal visa card

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭kickarykee

Sorry for the late reply, I was sick ... again :((

I have no idea what 3v is, sorry, but it's a safe prepaid card for the internet that you can use for most games, like almost every facebook game, League of Legends etc. to protect your data. And I read that LotRO is also accepting it now but I couldn't find the option....

I'll try and find out tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭ThunderApple

I didn't know LoTR started accepting paysafecard. I knew it was good for LoL and Facebook games. Well, tell us when you find out how it works, pls.
    What is 3v? I've even googled it but couldn't find anything helpful.

Ah, it was really easy in the end ;D
    You just can't use the paysafecard in game since it's a "limited" payment option (meaning it'll be used up in time ;) ), so you have to go to the account settings page (where you also register your new games and such) and buy the points there.
    One of the guys in my kinship in game told me :)

Oh, I see. That's why I couldn't find it at the first push.
    One friend of mine is a total LoTR online fan and I never know what to give him for his birthday. The problem is solved, thanks!

• Advertisement

I'm sure he'll love that ;D
    Does he have a VIP subscription to LotRO?
    If not, you could check how much that costs for 3 months or something and give him enough paysafecards to buy those since that way he'll get points to buy stuff and be able to access all the contents/special stuff for subscribers...
    And if for some reason he doesn't want to spend it on LotRO he can still spend it on STEAM or whatever. Biggest advantage of that card if you ask me ;)
    My dad used to pay for topping up my Skype account each month so I could call him, but I never used up the credit and at some point I convinced him that it would be "safer" to use paysafecards instead of his credit card and just give them to me when we met, so that I could spent them on games without him noticing, haha. ^^

Geez, I'd love to go and play now buuuut I *actually* gotta do some stuff for university now :-///
    (I decided to finish my master's degree despite the full time job, uff.... no spare time at all right now XD)

Hey, don't you have holidays? I do. I'm already sitting at my parents' place, drinking tea and eating mother's special cake. University is a banned word for the next 5 days.

Yeah, I've already talked to my friends and we're going to buy paysafecard credits which should be enough for 3 months of LoTR. I believe it's a good present. It's better than cash or a game card. If the world collapses tomorrow and our friend starts to hate the game he could spend them anyhow. That's the paysafe's advantage.

What do you study, mate?

haha, yeah, I'm on vacation, too, but I got an exam in two weeks so I still got lots to do ... :-/

I'm studying Computer Science specialized on computer graphics and Japanese (that one's only for fun ...). I'd love to work in the gaming industry at some point and since most good games come from Japan I thought it wouldn't hurt to be able to speak the language at least on a basic level, hehe.

Wow, that's an interesting combination! I'd love to have a slight idea about the Japanese language.
    Poor people in Japan, btw. :(

Yeah :(
    I have friends there, too... horrible...

But hey, Japanese isn't that hard, only seems that way :)
    Just give it a try if you feel like it.
    You can practice by playing games in Japanese, that's what I do :)
    I also had my facebook on Japanese for a while - just for fun, hehe.

oh, by the way...
    I just noticed that paysafecard has a new promotion on their page.
    Maybe you want to checkt that out, too ;)
    http://www.paysafecard.com/ie/promotions/smeet-promotion/

• Advertisement

lol I've filled in the form and then realized I didn't know what smeet was. Looks like the second world or something like that. Well, let's see if I win. Maybe I'll register there. Thanks for the link.
    Playing games in Japanese - you are a pervert! :D :eek:

Advertisement