Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

timber for raised flowerbeds

Options
  • 20-03-2011 5:18pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭

hi all,

anyone any idea where i would get timber similar this photo, around the leinster area?

005-470x352.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

Irishbird

that's a photo from our portfolio, if you let me know your general location, I may be able to steer you to the nearest stockist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

They look like reclaimed railway sleepers. There's a provider in Kilcock who has them. Most garden centres have manufactured ones which are probably better as they won't be creosote covered.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭mollysmam

Any ideas of suppliers in Longford/Westmeath area

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Irishbird

that's a photo from our portfolio, if you let me know your general location, I may be able to steer you to the nearest stockist.

well, its from a link you posted :)

i am in dublin, but anywhere in leinster is great

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

Railway sleepers are commonly available eg Tully Nurseries Ballyboughal, Natural Stone Yard Ashbourne, Patio Centre Cabinteely.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

irishbird wrote: »
    well, its from a link you posted :)

i am in dublin, but anywhere in leinster is great

New 8 foot long pressure treated sleepers (non creasote) are approx 18 euro from Newtown Building Supplies in Coolock or else Grange Builders Providers in Baldoyle.

Garden Centres are much more expensive for them.

24 euro for the exact same sleeper in Tulleys Nurseries
    22 euro from Jones Garden Centre

The more you buy from the builders providers,the better a deal you will most likely get.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

You can get old reclaimed sleeprs (creasoted) for around 20-25 euro off of DoneDeal.

Lots of places selling them nowadays

Look in the Gardening and also the Building sections of Donedeal for them.

Again,garden centers will charge you a fortune for an old reclaimed sleeper.Why,is beyond me,in this day and age:(

Tulleys Nurseries were a joke when it came to pricing on old reclaimed sleepers,so I walked away and got them for 18 euro each off of donedeal.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭redser7

Advertisement