Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Misplaced or Lost plate to hold camera on tripod:(

• 20-03-2011 5:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭

typical when I wanted to do some shots with the tripod, it seems ive hopefully only misplaced the plate. I have moved house since I last used it, so hopefully its not gone for good.

Its a Slik Pro 340DX if anyone knows of any links to spare parts.

If I cant locate it will have to try and get a new one on Ebay or so......:(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭colblimp

Without sounding obvious, try Slik itself... Spare parts like that must be available.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

I have seen some spare Tripod Plates at Gunns. Not sure what models they suited. For well known brands they are available.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Gave away the spare one I had, which was from a cheap old tripod. Pretty sure the receiver [Tallon] had a different make/model and managed to squeeze it in somehow. If anyone has an old spare one lying around you might be able to make use of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

ebay or as stated, slik reseller..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭leche solara

There are spare camera plates on this page:
    http://www.7dayshop.com/catalog/default.php?type=0&man=0&filterwords=tripod&go=SEARCH&comp=

Don't know if they'll work with your tripod but they certainly are cheap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭mumof2

Thanks everyone, when I came home today I spent another hour searching through boxes, drawers and presses, to no avail. I find it a bit mystifying...wil continue the search tomoro when I can, and if nothing turns up will have to try Slik or something.......:(

Just thought of something, must check the car actually in daylight tomoro, the camera bag has been in the car on its side, and it may have just fallen out......:Dwishful thinking but you never know....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭mumof2

Found it!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D

Yeahhhhh!!

I started with the car, no luck and even went to hoover it out, til I remembered what I was looking for.

Back to square one again and started where I began looking first place - there it was in a dormant camera bag (just hadn't looked in the back pocket of it......:o)

All's well that ends well!!:D

Advertisement